Socks for bearded dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visionist

Hatchling Member
I introduced my beardie to my girlfriend the other day and she complained that his claws hurt(even though I just trimmed them, claws are still claws). So then I had the thought of little socks for beardies, I think they would be cute. But I'm doubting my beardie we be so appreciative of socks :p.
What do you guys think?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think there claws would get stuck in them. And it would be very hard for you to get them out. Plus, I don't think they would like to walk around in socks lol :p

-Brandon

Visionist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":6st32pb4 said:
I think there claws would get stuck in them. And it would be very hard for you to get them out. Plus, I don't think they would like to walk around in socks lol :p

-Brandon
I know they wouldn't be practical but they would certainly look hilarious lol.

Phoebe

Hatchling Member
Cute idea but yeah I think their claws would just stick out through the fabric anyway

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Preposterous!

Socks.jpg

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Tell GF to wear a jumper. Lol, simple. Failing that, get nice snuggly towels for your dragon. All ours have their own named ones for bath and snuggly in our bed times. :D

Dragons LOVE being wrapped in towels.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
kjinxx2":vpusctjm said:
Preposterous!

Socks.jpg

LOL. If you clip the tip off theyare not nearly as sharp. I use kitty clipper I cut just the very tip jus be careful to only take a little it so you don't quick them. Rosie is really good for it you could wait until yours is asleep and tryit.

Visionist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
herpgirl2510":3nfdp3pl said:
kjinxx2":3nfdp3pl said:
Preposterous!

LOL. If you clip the tip off theyare not nearly as sharp. I use kitty clipper I cut just the very tip jus be careful to only take a little it so you don't quick them. Rosie is really good for it you could wait until yours is asleep and tryit.
I clipped his nails already, my girlfriend just doesn't have much in terms if pain tolerance :p.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Its funny, my mum was just saying they should make beardie socks earlier, just because there feet seem to get cold first when the come for a run around

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
This thread is HILARIOUS. Just awesome.

However, I also have a possible solution for you Visionist! We trim the very teeny tiny tip of Tiki's claws - but yes, I agree, they are still scratchy.

When she's super tired at night and very snuggly, and basically non-responsive, we actually get away with filing her nails. She doesn't care, because she's passed out on one of us and is happy.

Go to a drug store and get a VERY soft grit nail file. Nothing professional, nothing harsh - Hell, look in the baby aisle even! She'll let us do it and not care.

Works for us - best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom