FAT TONY UPDATE 12-29-09 : ) Funny pics..

Status
Not open for further replies.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
I know people have lost there dragons outside by accident. This guy was found in someones backyard yesterday in San Antonio Texas. They asked if I would take him. Of course, I did.
I am hoping he has an owner that let him out to sun and he escaped and I hope he was not purposely let loose. Regardless, he has a home for the Holidays to fatten up. He has a long road but he is readily eating and basking. He is a little wobbly but should be able to bounce back.
If anyone knows anyone who lost a dragon in this area have them contact me.
Here are his pictures and I am going to call him "Fat Tony".
10-15-0910-17-09CarletyandSam057.jpg

10-15-0910-17-09CarletyandSam058.jpg

10-15-0910-17-09CarletyandSam062.jpg

10-15-0910-17-09CarletyandSam064.jpg

10-15-0910-17-09CarletyandSam077.jpg

He was obviously kept on purple sand. Its been cold and rainy lately so this guy has had to tough it out.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Oh my word! :cry: Poor little Tony, that's heartbreaking! I'm so glad that you took him in, Kudos to you!

FJM

Hatchling Member
OMG, poor little fella! I wonder how long he's been out on his own ...very sad. Love the name you gave him though :D

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Poor skinny baby! I am so glad someone found him and got him to you so that you could help.
Wishing him a speedy recovery and fattening up! :wink:

contessa20

Hatchling Member
Wow! Poor guy has had a rough time of it. He's so skinny. Nice job taking him in. I'm sure he'll recover beautifully and be fat and happy in no time.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
:shock: Well if anyone can get him to fatten up it's you!

Fat Tony...What a fitting oxymoron. That poor baby, (not because of the name you gave, but for the state he's in.)

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
May you be truly blessed for taking in "Fat Tony". I know he is in good hands now. Here I am worrying that my ALf is trying to brumate and how much her antics will be missed while she is asleep and someone goes and does this (or hopefully someone misses their dragon as much as Alf will be missed when she brumates)............Hugs to you.
sara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Wow DiAnn! Looks like he got found just in the nick of time.
Poor guy looks like he's been hungry for awhile.

I too wish him a speedy recovery.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone and I think he was found just in time.
Once he is healthy he will be up for adoption :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh my goodness, the poor thing. :( He is so thin and dehydrated and just look at those purple feet and tail. Thanks for taking him in, hopefully you can get him on the right track so he can become healthy. I hope it wasn't that someone just turned him loose, that would just blow my mind if it happened on purpose. :shock:

Moved here from General Discussion forum as this one seemed most appropriate.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, he is eating. He ate some greens and a few supers plus a few crickets. I soaked him in warm water and he loved it. He just sat there and floated with his eyes closed. He did not really drink any but he did take in a little. I have hornworms on there way to fatten this kid up and help hydrate him. I am letting him eat at his own pace so his stomach stretches. He is not a ferocious eater yet but I think he will be one day and he does have an appetite. He is a fighter and just very much on the look out. He is always standing up high and very still like a statue. I think he is watching for predators. So hopefully he will relax soon once he realizes nothing is going to eat him. :D

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
Oh my god.....that poor little fella! :shock: :( look at how skinny he is! He must have been out all alone for a wile...im glad he found a nice warm home for the mean time, he looks like he could use one...I would LOVE to adopt him, but alas, i have no more room/time to spare with my two beardies takeing up all my time! I hope he gets all fatty, send him my love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom