new to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter0443

hi guys my name is zak and i was wondering what is a normal bearded dragon the one with all the spikes on it and wat colors do they come in i did some research on it and i seen red and yellows but do they come in more colors lol ....thanks for looking :)

There are countless bearded dragon morphs,
super+red+2.jpg

A super red/blood
red-orange-yellow-bearded-dragons.jpg

leucistic4.jpg

rare gorgeous whites
Australian_bearded_dragon.jpg

normals
and SO many variations and SO many more.
There are leatherbacks of most morphs. Leatherbacks have smaller and smoother scales than the normal.
IMG_20130826_164917_zps7b1325cb.jpg

My normal scaled, Rusty.
CAM00444_zps81ef9564.jpg

My citrus leatherback Deja.

Bearded dragons get to nearly two feet in length.
If you are planning on getting one, please ask all the questions you can before you do!

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Colors are not morphs. Leatherback, dunner, normal, silkies... Those are morphs. Colors are simply...Colors.

I've seen people refer to the colors as morphs too, or so the breeders I've seen.
usually put together.
Ex: Red tiger silkback
Normal citrus
Tangerine german giant.
I call the leatherback, silkback, and normal.... Scalation, but again thats just me :p

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
christywoowoo":2d3smgd4 said:
I've seen people refer to the colors as morphs too, or so the breeders I've seen.
usually put together.
Ex: Red tiger silkback
Normal citrus
Tangerine german giant.

They put together the color then the Morph, just like in your example:

The color would be: Red Tiger, the morph would be: Silkback.
The color would be: Citrus, the morph would be: Normal.
The color would be: Tangerine, the morph would be: (if there were any true ones around that were imported) German Giant...

Scalation...now that's a new one to me. What you are describing is a morph...but if you want to refer to it as "scalation" then go for it. I have just never heard of that before.

Gosh... I cant remember where I heard the term scalation .... It was a breeder making a youtube video and that's what I said ever since. Sorry if I misused the word morph, Zak here asked for colors so I gave him colors :p :dontknow:

hunter0443

Original Poster
thank you guys for the info and i do have one his name is Norbert and i was wondering about colors so i can get a second one but i would like one that is different lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dezid44
Top Bottom