Beardies at WoRk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
So, as some of you know, I work at a pet store. We have 2 baby beardies who are now bigger. They are so cute and observant. Here they are on their basking rock.

It looks like the smaller one is slapping the other and I thought it was so funny, especially when you know their personalities. I had to turn the light off real quick cuz there was a glare.

Sorry it's fuzzy, I took it on my phone. After all, I don't carry around a camera at work =P

GetAttachment.aspx

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The one 'slapping the other' also has a gimp hand. A while back, we had 4 baby beardies and one bullied the the others. At the time (Because we are a small pet store) we didn't have any extra room to put that one by himself, so he bit off the other's tails and accidentally chomped down on the smallest one's hand while trying to catch crickets.

It's a shame really, because other than being completely healthy, no one wants her because of her gimpy hand. Both of the ones in the pic have stubby tails (which I think is so cute!) and the other has, also, a gimpy hand.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
GlueStick":c7ace said:
It's a shame really, because other than being completely healthy, no one wants her because of her gimpy hand. Both of the ones in the pic have stubby tails (which I think is so cute!) and the other has, also, a gimpy hand.

Dont be so sure. hehe.
I went in to buy my first beardie. I had my heart set on a nice little baby.
Then I saw Dexter, a rescued female with a missing left claw and most of her back foot gone.
I knew right then that she was the one I was supposed to take home to look after.

I think beardies with disabilities can charm their way into many frosty hearts, and can be 100 times more rewarding.
Hopefully the right person will walk into your store :)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
on a more tragic note the title 'beardies at work' made me think id be opening a thread to see beardies operating tiny drills wearing hard-hats.
gutted.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes well, I hope that soon enough I may charm someone with their disabilities. I have already told my boss that I would have taken them already if I could.

Everyone just looks at them and are turned off by the gimpy hand/tails. They all ask if they can has a discounted prize because of it and I just look at them like they are the rudest people in the world after I tell them no but all the accessories that you buy for them are 10% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom