Edamame Beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin94

So my beardie Megatron loves edamame beans, if i have them he'll chase me around the room until i give him one. I know they are safe food, but I can't find anything on how moderate to be with them. If anyone could let me know, Megatron would really appreciate it...they are his favorite snack.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Easy... You create a diet base based on the stapple veggies and fruits and every once in a while, you can add other veggies into the mix. This way he/she can have varieties. While the veggies that are listed to be fed occasionally or rarely may not be good for everyday feeding, they do contain other important vital nutrients, and by adding it to the diet base, you are giving your bearded some important nutrients to keep him healthy. I usually add the other veggies into the staple mix at least every other week for several days for this reason. Note: I add the occasional veggies that are listed as to be fed on occasion to the staple mix instead of giving to them on their own. This way they don't get a full dose of them and he's only eating a little at a time, spreading it out for several days, avoiding one, big, full dose; it's better that way. Kindda like we humans eating varieties of food...a little of that and a little of this. That's why we should also eat varieties...

MelissaC

Paradon":2o6kg7jx said:
I don't know if it's true, but they say soy is bad for you.

Who's "they"? and bad for who? beardie or human?

I didn't see soybeans on the food chart so I have avoided them, but I always have them on hand, so if I can feed them to my lizard that would be awesome!

Melissa

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Soy is a weird thing. It is not inherently "bad," however it does have enzymes and such that mimic certain hormones and can be dangerous/bad for certain people. In a larger sense, soy farming causes massive environmental damage and the way that soy is rendered and processed to make other foods like tofu has absolutely horrific side effects for the watersheds and surrounding ecosystems.

That aside, soy beans are a good source of iron and protein and have relatively little sugar. However the Ca:p is approximately 1.5:4, which indicates that they should be fed rather sparingly.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Soy really shouldn't be fed to reptiles. I'll try to find the info I read about it before.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I was hearing this years before that it can cause nuerological problem if eaten too much, or something like that, and years later, they say it's good for you. :?

Gail

BD.org Addict
I couldn't find the one page that had all the info about feeding soy to reptiles but I did find that it can bind calcium just like spinach and shouldn't be fed.

Sot is good for you in small amounts but most Americans who eat it regular, eat way too much and it can cause all kind of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joncelona
Top Bottom