HELP its not a beardie but its definatly in the dragon famil

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootsrockreggae

Can anyone tell me what lizard i have. I bought him second hand with his sister from a good pet shop and the shop called him a 'Desert Dragon' but i cant find any info anywhere about desert dragons and when i asked the man at the shop he said he didnt know what it was because he was only selling them for someone else like i said, second hand, and he said he called them desert dragons but wasn't sure what they are. what dragon have i got? can anyone help me?? under his chin turns really blue/purple when hes stimulated and warm. please can someone identify exactly what he is, i have also been told he might be a netted dragon but after some research i dont think he is.

04102008021.jpg

04102008022.jpg

PLEASE if u have any idea what species of dragon he is let me know

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I belive what you have there is a checkerboard agama/blue throat agama also known as a "false" bearded dragon.The male's throat turns blue but the females do not.You can google general agama care to get more info but I believe the care is fairly similar to a beardie just not completely sure about where the temps/humidity should be.I also dont think they eat veggie.I believe they are strictly protien but I could be wrong.
I found a few general care sheets that may help:
http://www.herphangout.com/caresheet.php?sheet=1
http://www.anapsid.org/agamas.html

The second one has a few blurbs about atricollis which is the scientific name for what I think you have.

Vicky

atreyu917

Juvie Member
vickson420":145bc said:
.I also dont think they eat veggie.I believe they are strictly protien but I could be wrong.
i've been doing a little research on them because my store is about to order some, and I've read they will munch on fruits and veggies on occasion but mostly protein. Basically the opposite of an adult beardies diet and more like a baby beardies. They also don't need it as hot as a beardie. I believe 90 F on their basking spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom