Jumping up on background

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmanbr

I recently got two baby girls on Saturday at at first when I was feeding them they were so distracted by their reflections in the glass that they werent eating. I got a desert picture looking background and put it around 3 sides of the tank (on the inside) so they couldnt see their reflections anymore. Now after eating they try to climb up on the picture and they jump really high. I am not sure if they are trying to get out or if this is normal? I have not seen them this active at all since they came home with me. I put up another post about the lighting and temperatures in their tank which I am still waiting for replies about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
lol, they are trying to climb the rocks in the background.
If they continue to do this, I'm not sure if I would leave the background up..
But then again, I'm not sure if it can be a problem, I've never had a background
So maybe they just need time to adjust to the new background and realize they can't climb it lol.
What does everyone else think?

Oh and I would put the background around the outside of the tank...
And I looked for your other post but couldn't find it..can you give me a link?

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
Mine did that, the jumping to get on the rocks on the picture. But after maybe two weeks, he gave up! He may realized that it was not real!

But while they're jumping, they are getting good exercise (I try to see the bright side!)

Loganator

Juvie Member
Yes, mine did that too. He kept trying to climb the leafy bushes in the background almost continuously. I finally took it down, it was causing him too much stress.

furmanbr

Original Poster
So after this mornings feeding of dusted crickets Philys has given up on jumping on the background. She simply went up to her basking spot and settled in for a nice rest. Lil, however, continues to jump and try to climb although with less vigor. Hopefully by tomorrow or the next day she, too will lose interest.
Thanks!

FATBOYDADRAGON

Hatchling Member
For the basking bulb you and go to walmart and buy a couple of halogen spot bulbs for around 5 bucks each.
In my 40 gallon breeder i used a 75 watt in winter and 50 watt in summer.
Is there any way to lower the basking log?
Can you tape the background to the outside of the tank.
Being inside gives them crickets places to hide
By the way that is some nice dragons you have there
Enjoy
Hope this helps.
Your viv looks fine to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom