Makin' friends.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Hobbes tries to get into Alex' enclosure any time the door gets opened. Just jumps right up onto the ledge and tries to say hi.

Obviously he is immediately removed by security as soon as toes touch enclosure lol

But, today we were just watching the world together and Hobbes was very gentle and curious. He was again removed when he got a little too much. He has been head rubbing, but moved on to paw kneading her tail. When he does that the claws come out slightly. It's a very gentle touch, but claws are claws lol I'm sure I'm overreacting. Even as a leather back she probably has more armor than my fingers which actually kind of enjoys the sensation.

But even nuzzling is pushing limits.

But it's so cute lol

1000012412.jpg

Was kisses, not licking his lips lol

1000012411.jpg
1000012410.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Even if friendly, you have to watch cats EXTREMELY close, the are ambush preditors, and triggered by movement. If she moves suddenly it could induce your cat to pounce out of sheer instinct, and a cats bite is no joke.
(I know your watching them and are ready just in case, it just scares me to see cats and dogs near beardies 🙂)

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Even if friendly, you have to watch cats EXTREMELY close, the are ambush preditors, and triggered by movement. If she moves suddenly it could induce your cat to pounce out of sheer instinct, and a cats bite is no joke.
(I know your watching them and are ready just in case, it just scares me to see cats and dogs near beardies 🙂)
I know, believe me even I am like "This is a bad idea" But Hobbes and Rocket (our dog) I trust for short hellos like this. Rocket occasionally sneaks in a big lick which is automatic stand up and get her away.

Our other cats and dog? No

Hobbes and Rocket are both very curious and gentle around her. Both get separated if they go anywhere near her tail. It's just too easy to accidentally damage just touching it wrong really.

Rocket met our first dragon MrWigglesworth as a puppy and kind of bonded with him chilling in my wife's office with his enclosure when he would spend the day there. When Wiggles moved in they were besties. So when Alex came in after Wiggles passed (He was bummed too) he was already used to dragons and super excited. He had to relearn how to interact with a small dragon. He would just get right up in her face like they were old friends and that's too much for a little dragon.

Fortunately she loves to hang out by the glass and interact with him that way. She'll just sit there both front paws on the glass and paw until she gets a visitor:)

Edit: Animals can have weird relationships. Hobbes brother Nibbler treats Rocket like he's a mother. Just nurses on him and purrs like crazy. Rocket mostly tolerates it lol I say mostly, but a small growl to go away after multiple days in a row of constant "nursing" is a pretty high tolerance lol Nibbler gets in these weird moods where he does it for hours days in a row.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Animals sure are quirky lol. It's good they get along and I do whole heartedly think animals bond. But caution never hurts 🙂 ( and I know you are) 🙂

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Usually my right hand is on the curious critter, but he was keeping a distance and stretching to say hi so he could retreat, so I figured the phone on the table a foot or so away would be doable for a moment lol

If I could capture all the moments, that would probably be dangerous and a short video of clips anyways lol They get their moments, I capture a few.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Captured this today.

Both my cats normally run from Thor. Today, Piper headbutt Thor, then flopped and showed his belly and wanted to cuddle him. It caught Thor off guard, which is why he's curved the way he is, because he jumped away a bit.

Thor ran off after this, off to explore some.
1000001496.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Both are very pretty. My last cat was solid black. His name was Lugnut because I found him hiding in the spare tire of a Cadillac Escalade I had to work on in a dealership I worked at. 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom