Possible for a male to mistake another male as a female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm new to BeardedDragon.org but have been keeping reptiles for 9 years. As for the concern I have, I have 4 Bearded Dragons (3 rescues.)

One female I had gotten from a shelter, she was super skinny. The other 2 I had gotten from an older woman, they both have some form of Metabolic Bone Disease :cry: One is about 8 months old and he is practically half way paralyzed because of this, it makes me sad but he is on treatment with proper UVB lighting and food calcium intake so he's benefited alot and gained quite a bit of weight. The other is very beautiful (a sandfire) and he/she has a minor case of MBD; his/her tail is curled. But he/she is extremely overweight. All of my Beardies are housed in seperate enclosures.

As you can tell above, I was calling the sandfire above a he/she. The reason is because when I got him/her I checked to see if it was male/female. I sat him/her on my hand and lifted up the tail a little. There it looked like 2 buldges close to the hind legs. I figured there that he/she was a male :oops:

A couple days ago, I have a schedule where I clean out, disinfect all the Bearded Dragon enclosures once a month. I dump the substrate, replace it, wash the enclosure, the objects, etc ..everything. While doing this I let the Bearded Dragons run around the room for a little bit. That's where I made a mistake :banghead: . I walked back in the room and my male (Ghost) that I've had before them got ahold of the sandfire and was latched on (mating.) I was like :shock: . I am not too sure if the sandfire is a male or female now. I've read up on it all over and found nothing so what I'm asking is can a male mistake another male as a female and "try" to breed "it?" or is my sandfire surely a female? And it sounds weird to ask :oops: but can the weight of a Dragon effect the appearance of the genital area of the Bearded Dragon? (I will post a pic to see what you guys think...sorry for bad quality)

P.S. I was gonna wait it out to see if the Bearded Dragon gets gravid but I want to know first before I go and buy the laying materials and set up the incubator. I do have an incubator since I've had Dragons who have bred before.

[img]http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/DestinyDiamond1028/2012-04-26_16_40_49.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom