Stability

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
I need a better stable basking spot(s) for Maya. He rolls over on his back and is able to roll over on his back.
Rolled up dish towels or hand towels ok to use for him? I've been using cut up fabrics. It seems he forgets how to move from spot to spot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I need a better stable basking spot(s) for Maya. He rolls over on his back and is able to roll over on his back.
Rolled up dish towels or hand towels ok to use for him? I've been using cut up fabrics. It seems he forgets how to move from spot to spot.
Rolled up dish towels work good from what I have heard- get his surface basking temps off the towel and his UVB placed directly over him approx 13 inches from the floor of the tank

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Rolled up dish towels work good from what I have heard- get his surface basking temps off the towel and his UVB placed directly over him approx 13 inches from the floor of the tank
I measured the UVB section and the good news is he's 13 inches from the stone and bricks. I had to pad them because he's rolls over on his back. I'll pick up a few hand towels. He does good some of the time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I measured the UVB section and the good news is he's 13 inches from the stone and bricks. I had to pad them because he's rolls over on his back. I'll pick up a few hand towels. He does good some of the time.
If hes rolling off the bricks etc I would remove them and use only the dish towels

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If hes rolling off the bricks etc I would remove them and use only the dish towels
The only time he does roll over, is when I put a 'fleece' pant leg that I cut into two sections. If I put this hand towel in, he gets around ok. He doesn't roll over on to his back. I did notice that he'll roll over on to his belly before I can get over to him to help him back. He's staying put with a cushion he finds comfortable and seems to help him more.
He does wander around without a lot of struggle. I have a mat for his joints so that does help. He moves from one side of the tank to the next.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The only time he does roll over, is when I put a 'fleece' pant leg that I cut into two sections. If I put this hand towel in, he gets around ok. He doesn't roll over on to his back. I did notice that he'll roll over on to his belly before I can get over to him to help him back. He's staying put with a cushion he finds comfortable and seems to help him more.
He does wander around without a lot of struggle. I have a mat for his joints so that does help. He moves from one side of the tank to the next.
I guess I would be cautious of him getting onto his back - dragons cannot breath on their backs- what if he does this one day and your not there to catch or help him - that could be not good or end well

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I guess I would be cautious of him getting onto his back - dragons cannot breath on their backs- what if he does this one day and your not there to catch or help him - that could be not good or end well
I've thought about that too. I have thought about taking him with me on errands and outings. But, he needs his UVB light and his heat lamp.

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have a way to take him. I have a 'sling' I bought for him. I'm sure this will help me. More than lugging a huge carrying case. He loves the car.

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was reading about blankets and rolled up towels on the site. I have removed the fleece pants and put his hand towel and soft blanket pillowcase back on. I think he had traction with these two items. I'll have to think about removing the 'stone basking perch I bought last month'. It may be causing him some issues with his joints. (Even if padded. I do want him to have a basking spot that is 13 inches from his UVB. I could use stone perch for something else and perhaps use the small bricks for something else. I don't want him to get hurt. I'm currently also making him a small cushion too. He likes softie things a whole lot. He lays on them all day.

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Update: Ok, so I kept the stone in the tank and placed his hand towel on the stone. He is able to walk on it without falling over on his back. He walks very slow and carefully. I have a rice sock in his tank too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Update: Ok, so I kept the stone in the tank and placed his hand towel on the stone. He is able to walk on it without falling over on his back. He walks very slow and carefully. I have a rice sock in his tank too.
The rice sock is for humidity? If so how are you getting the levels? Sick on or a digital probe hygrometer?

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A digital probe thermometer and humidity gauge. He's had the rice sock in his tank since winter and summers in Georgia are very hot and humid. The worst humidity levels in GA. I have the room ac units running in my living room.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
A digital probe thermometer and humidity gauge. He's had the rice sock in his tank since winter and summers in Georgia are very hot and humid. The worst humidity levels in GA. I have the room ac units running in my living room.
The humidity is ? You want 40-50% optimal nothing under 20 or over 70%

noella5088

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I took out the rice sock. It's at 22% where he's at. I can up his heat with a 100 Watt bulb. I've been using a 75 watt because he does get very hot in there. I was using the 75 watt because he became overheated once and that was when he was lying on his box.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigNikko33
Top Bottom