The boy KNOWS what he WANTS.... and he wants it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenshin makes me giggle. He keeps surprising me with how smart he is!

In his viv he's got three bowls of different sizes. One for live feeders, one for greens, and a little one for water.

Well when I came home from work yesterday he went over and sat in his greens dish. It had some dried leaves from the morning in it but he just went and layed in the dish and looked at me. He had previously layed in or stood on his insect bowl when he knew we were getting his bugs ready. I followed a hunch and went and got him some fresh greens. Well that's CLEARLY what he wanted. He was eating them before I even got them in the bowl! When he'd had enough he went about his business basking and climbing his tree. Then a bit later he went over to his bug bowl. I gave him some phoenix worms (which he won't eat if he's not really hungry) and he ate them! Then I gave him a wax worm as a thank you for eating the pws.

Later in the evening he went BACK and layed in the greens bowl again. Well his earlier greens had dried out again so I got him more fresh and he attacked it!

He's also very careful to examine what I offer him to eat. He carefully picks around collard greens in his veggies. I tried to trick him into eating more pw's then he wanted to by butting a wax worm in with them to attract his attention. Well he tilted his head and examined them then carefully licked up the wax worm and walked away from the pw's. He's such a BRAT! Oh and don't even TRY to get him to eat silkworms. I think he'd skip meals for a few days and still turn his nose up at them.

I'm getting so much amusement from his sassy little personality. He's just the cutest thing.

I love my Kenshin.

amime

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":4291a said:
He has got you so trained!!! What a good beardie slave you are. :laughhard:

Yeah.... I think you're right.

I tried really hard to be strong last night and resist. He went to the insect bowl and gave me the... "roaches please mommy" look. Well I was like..."I'm not feeding you at the drop of a hat whenever you want". That lasted about 5 minutes. I looked over and he was still there looking hopeful. Well... before I knew it I was popping open food containers and giving him a snack.

He's gonna be a little fatty!

LQDragons

Juvie Member
amime":492d8 said:
Jasper's Mom":492d8 said:
He has got you so trained!!! What a good beardie slave you are. :laughhard:

Yeah.... I think you're right.

I tried really hard to be strong last night and resist. He went to the insect bowl and gave me the... "roaches please mommy" look. Well I was like..."I'm not feeding you at the drop of a hat whenever you want". That lasted about 5 minutes. I looked over and he was still there looking hopeful. Well... before I knew it I was popping open food containers and giving him a snack.

He's gonna be a little fatty!
fat & happy cause he's got a good mommy that takes care of his needs

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
That's a smart dragon! Wish mine would tell me what they wanted so I wouldn't waste time with food prep only for it to be snubbed.

amime

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LQDragons: It's not too hard to keep him happy if I just keep handing over the roaches. He loves those little buggers. :) I'm glad I got my roaches from you so I could get my colony going so he can be fat and happy for years to come :)

Jasper's Mom: Thanks! You're a role model of good Beardie care so I'm glad you don't think i'm being too big a push-over for him :)

dolcedragon: Yeah... I still get food snubbed occasionally. He usually only does the dish thing if I'm hanging out in front of the viv and he can see me. If I just come in the room and give him greens hoping he'll go for them he's often like "put them in the bowl and let me bask... I'll eat them when I'm good and ready". He is pretty darned awesome though (no momma bias there -wink-)

Ethelia: He is! I knew that beardie's had a personality but I didn't realize just how much! He's got me completely whipped. :whip:

sunkist: Yeah I was seriously lol'ing. He makes me giggle in a really surprised way every time he does something like that.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:laughhard: That is one smart beardie you have there. He sure have you trained well.

amime

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Goonie":e0441 said:
:laughhard: That is one smart beardie you have there. He sure have you trained well.

Yes... he certainly does. I think he had me whipped before he even came home but now I'm like a totally spineless beardie slave for sure. But I'm not gonna give him anything bad for him even if he likes it (must say no to giving too many wax worms!)

Oh BTW... I LOVE huskies! That's the kind of dog my parents have so I grew up with them. You've got two of my favorite species as pets... gooooo GOONIE!

aqua9915

He carefully picks around collard greens in his veggies.

My beardie does the same thing! he wont touch the stuff! i had some mixed with kale and he picked all the kale and even a few little slivers of carrot out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom