Y. Vern Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadh

This morning, our family adopted a new member: Y Vern Dragon, or Vern for short. We have no idea whether Vern is a he or a she, but "he" seems to be doing pretty well to this point.

He has pooped here. We think he's nibbled on a little salad. He's eaten a few crickets. We gave him a bath.

We love him.

vern2.jpg

vern1.jpg

Chad

beardienewbie

Juvie Member
awww he is so cute! CONGRATS!

Okay I have just a couple of questions.

What are your temps of the basking spot and cool side?
What UV light are you using?
Is it a tube, coil, or compact?
What is your substrate?
How close can he get to the lights?
What size crix are you feeding him?
Do you dust them with calcium?
How about vitamins?

chadh

Original Poster
beardienewbie":f8de6 said:
awww he is so cute! CONGRATS!
Thanks, to you and to Jasper's Mom.

Okay I have just a couple of questions.

What are your temps of the basking spot and cool side?
At the basking spot, I've measured a little variation: from around 105 to 112. On the cool side, in the corner farthest from the hot bulb, I get readings of around 78 to 80. I'm measuring the temperatures using a temp gun from pro exotics.
What UV light are you using?
Reptisun 10.0
Is it a tube, coil, or compact?
It's a tube
What is your substrate?
Substrate is non-adhesive shelf liner
How close can he get to the lights?
The basking spot is around 6" from the top of the tank, directly under a 75w incandescent bulb. The UV light runs the length of the tank. Both lights are lying ontop of the tank.
What size crix are you feeding him?
I'm not sure what size they are. They are the same ones the pet store was feeding him. I'm ordering 1000 pinheads tonight. They will be shipped monday and will arrive tuesday.
Do you dust them with calcium?
The crickets I fed him today were dusted with calcium (RepCal, with vit D)
How about vitamins?
I was intending only dusting with vitamins about twice a week. I have a jar of herptevite for this purpose.

How am I doing?

Chad

beardienewbie

Juvie Member
Yes you have definately done your research!!

Make sure the beardie can get at least 8 inches from the UV light.

I have the same Calcium and yes only dust the crix twice a week with the vites. The rest of the 5 days use the calcium.

Good Job!

Good luck!!

--Amy :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom