Bearded Dragon has runny nose and constipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaspberryBeard

My 7 year-old bearded dragon has struggled with constipation since I adopted him, and over the past few months it's gotten worse, as well as his nose has a strange discharge. It started out in one nostril and looked grey, now the other has had a clear orange discharge and both are impossible to clean off. I'm wondering if he has developed a URI and I cannot get to a vet at the moment. About a year ago I got him back from another house that kept him for about two years, and in that time he wasn't fed much nor was his heat lamp turned up enough. I've been taking better care of him since. Also, he's a very picky eater so I'm sure his diet is the cause of his constipation and I haven't been able to find the solution. Aside from all of that, he still eats normally and moves around occasionally; has been lazier lately but I assume it's because of winter. Any help is appreciated!
Ej5qGJo.jpg
A46CCWX.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Retained nasal shed.

My Peppa has the same going on mostly with her right nostril, and she's been rubbing her nose on everything in her tank that has a sharp edge or hard rough surface for weeks and so far it's not shifted. I often find she's moved her jumbo size Hubbahut and the acrylic grotto around simply by rubbing firmly on them.
Been going on with her for a few months now , at first I too thought URI , but no other symptoms so I decided to leave it be , only thing I do is occasionally give the nose a gentle rub with my finger tip and sometimes some flakes of old skin come off.

Is tempting to intervene with something narrow and pointy BUT - DON"T DO IT , there are very deicate nasal membrane and tissues in there that are very easily damaged and it's a very easy way to introduce germs which can very soon become something very nasty and life threatening.

My advise is make sure there are hard rough surfaces with some sharp corners in the tank and let the dragon deal with this , will likely clear up with the next nasal shed , but you might have to wait for several months for this.

No discharge from Peppa's nostrils except when she eats something really juicey (ie a silkworm) some juices sometimes then , but not sure if these are coming via the nasal passages or just splatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dezid44
Top Bottom