Bearded Dragon sac coming out of egg first ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with a friend to pick up some dragons. There was a lay box laying there and I asked if we were going to take it too. The couple said there was eggs inside there and they didn't care what happened to them at that point, they just wanted everything gone. I asked my friend if he wanted them and he said his incubator was full at the moment. I thought, and my incubator was empty at the moment and I like the hobby of hatching little dragon babies quite a bit ans hatched a few clutches before myself...such and such.

Anywho, I decided to take the eggs because they didn't want them and they were selling their dragons to my friend. The male dragon was healthy but the female was very skinny. Btw, my friend did seperate them when he went home. I took the eggs home and started the imcubation process. I don't know how long they had them buried in the dirt sitting on a heat mat for but aprox. 4 weren't any good and they were moldy, and the damp sand was almost getting dry. I thank God the others didn't mold. I put them in my incubator after taking them out of the dirt and weeks later, they tripled in size which is good but they have/had snowflakes on them (signs of the eggs lacking calcium.) Well starting Friday, they started hatching. All were good but one did pass away while it was coming out of the egg. Other than that, the ones who have hatched are healthy and alert (one even tries to bite your finger. ) Today I checked on them and one is hatching and one is getting ready to. The one that's getting ready to is very large compared to the others. I figured it would just be a large baby which I've dealt with in the past. The thing is, it has one slit on each end of the egg. I've never seen a Bearded Dragon baby slit both sides of the egg and not only that, the egg sack is coming out of one end. I'm very confused on why that is happening ? I'm just waiting to see what comes out. Lol. Can anyone enlighten me ?

IMG_20121210_161019.jpg

IMG_20121210_161029.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....twins will slit opposite sides of an egg, but you should see a snout poking out. The picture is pretty grainy, but the egg looks kind of bad....are you sure it's just not gone bad and starting to ooze ?

DestinyDiamond

Original Poster
AHBD":49my3akv said:
Hi there....twins will slit opposite sides of an egg, but you should see a snout poking out. The picture is pretty grainy, but the egg looks kind of bad....are you sure it's just not gone bad and starting to ooze ?

I believe it looks discolored because of the "snowflakes" on the egg making it look chalky. There's no mold on the egg, just discoloration because it's not pure white. So sorry, I don't have a great camera but you can actually see a little tiny bump on one end with a bubble and a gray nose pushing against the opening. Previous eggs with the same odd color had hatched. There's only a couple pure white ones. Would a bad egg still sweat ? I'm hopin' whatever it is, is still alive but I'm not too impressed since I already lost one.

IMG_20121210_193657.jpg

IMG_20121210_193719.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A bad egg can " sweat " , but it generally will just look all over wet rather than the little beads that appear on a egg that's ready to hatch. Bad eggs don't always get moldy....but aside from that, if you see a snout beginning to poke, then you have a baby. Just be patient, you will know soon enough.

DestinyDiamond

Original Poster
AHBD":2u2hgm4r said:
A bad egg can " sweat " , but it generally will just look all over wet rather than the little beads that appear on a egg that's ready to hatch. Bad eggs don't always get moldy....but aside from that, if you see a snout beginning to poke, then you have a baby. Just be patient, you will know soon enough.

Okay. Thank you. I'll let you know what happens.

DestinyDiamond

Original Poster
Okay it's morning and the baby still hasn't poked it's head out. You can see the grey nose still but it isn't submerged. I'm kind of sad thinking that the baby(s) didn't make it. I will still wait it out for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom