Bearded dragon spasms???!! Gasp

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The only thing that actually kills coccidia is strong ammonia or high heat (200ish degrees) either has to be in contact for upward of 10 minutes to actually kill it. The best way to beat it is to break it's life cycle. It has to be pooped out and reingested to multiply. So if you can stay on top of the poops and clean and disinfect asap it huge in clearing coccidia up.

aiyoume

Original Poster
The only thing that actually kills coccidia is strong ammonia or high heat (200ish degrees) either has to be in contact for upward of 10 minutes to actually kill it. The best way to beat it is to break its life cycle. It has to be pooped out and reingested to multiply. So if you can stay on top of the poops and clean and disinfect asap it huge in clearing coccidia up.
F10 is on the way to disinfect everything. I’m not sure how hot my steam cleaner is….ill have to check. She just pooped on the paper towels and it was actually pretty solid in form but still watery. I cleaned ASAP but curious about how if her poops gets on her….what is best to clean her up?? Just rinse??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry she has a respiratory infection. It sounds like you caught it early on so hopefully the
treatment will work quickly. The F10 & steamer will work great.
Keep everything clean in the tank & be sure the humidity is relatively low right now.
You can use wet ones to clean her, if needed when she goes potty since it isn't a good idea to
bathe her right now.

Let us know how she is doing!
Tracie

aiyoume

Original Poster
Hello,

Please keep us posted on how she is doing. I hope the medication helps out for her. Be sure
to keep her well hydrated while she is on medication.

Tracie
Thank you for the concern! She was prescribed .05 mL of Albon for the parasites which she needs to take daily for 5 days. She saw her regular exotic vet today for an urgent care visit, where they did a check up on her condition and also administered a second injection of antibiotic (Fortaz). She is to have an antibiotic injection every 72 hours for 7 more doses. So far, she’s eating fairly well and has been pooping consistently. I’ve been adding bell peppers to her salad for some added hydration. I tried water drops but she didn’t take too well to them. She has been basking more than what she was last week.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is always hard on them to be on multiple medications. Definitely keep her hydrated as much as
you can since the Albon & the Fortaz both are hard on the system.
At least she is eating well right now. Be sure to use a probiotic also to keep her GI tract functioning
optimally.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

aiyoume

Original Poster
Hello,

That is always hard on them to be on multiple medications. Definitely keep her hydrated as much as
you can since the Albon & the Fortaz both are hard on the system.
At least she is eating well right now. Be sure to use a probiotic also to keep her GI tract functioning
optimally.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Do you have suggestions for probiotics? The vet didn’t prescribe me any.

aiyoume

Original Poster
Tracie has them on her website here is the link Reptophilus
I used this one
Thank you! Just bought it. Is there anything I can give to her before it gets here?? I saw some people say soy yogurt but the posts are a bit old and idk if that’s still safe information or not. She hasn’t passed any poop since Monday and I can tell she needs to :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you! Just bought it. Is there anything I can give to her before it gets here?? I saw some people say soy yogurt but the posts are a bit old and idk if that’s still safe information or not. She hasn’t passed any poop since Monday and I can tell she needs to :(
Feed her some canned plain pumpkin that will help w/ the pooping- also hydrating her will help push things along as well --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can try to find some organic non dairy yogurt to help with digestion if needed while you are
waiting for the Reptophilus to get to you. It is perfectly safe for them.
I hope she is feeling better soon!

Tracie

aiyoume

Original Poster
Hello,

You can try to find some organic non dairy yogurt to help with digestion if needed while you are
waiting for the Reptophilus to get to you. It is perfectly safe for them.
I hope she is feeling better soon!

Tracie
Thank you for confirming! I did give her some pumpkin yesterday and she had some yellow squash and greens. She still didn’t pass anything but I’ll get yogurt for her today. Is it only soy or can coconut
/cashew/any vegan or plant based yogurt be okay?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are very welcome! For now, I would stay with the non dairy organic soy yogurt & steer away
from nut based to avoid any type of reaction to a nut base. Continue to give the soft pureed foods
daily for hydration & nutrition. Did she like the yellow squash & greens?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigNikko33
Top Bottom