Bearded Dragon Sunken Eyes

mjh_polo

Beardie name(s)
Fireball
My bearded dragon's left eye seems to be sunken into its head and the eyelid is half closed. I suspect its dehydration, but I just wanted to make sure. His skin is elastic and his urates ore normal in color. He has been lethargic recently and hiding a bit more. His appetite has also seemed to go down this morning. His poops are a bit watery, but they look relatively normal. His beard is grayish-black near the bottom(not fully black), but its always been like that since I have gotten him. Thank you in advance
IMG_5586.jpeg

IMG_5588.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5588.jpeg
    IMG_5588.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 17

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The second picture is what his other eye looks like
Please go over the bulbs your using --- UVB brand and bulb and brand and bulb of the basking bulb- this may or maynot have anything to do w/ the eyes per say but it will w/ the behavior etc --- I can have ahbd take a look at the eyes but to me they look ok
@AHBD

mjh_polo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fireball
Please go over the bulbs your using --- UVB brand and bulb and brand and bulb of the basking bulb- this may or maynot have anything to do w/ the eyes per say but it will w/ the behavior etc --- I can have ahbd take a look at the eyes but to me they look ok
@AHBD
I am using a Reptizoo T5 HO 24 inch UVB with an arcadia 12% bulb. This fixture is mounted on top of the mesh. It's about 14 inches from the basking spot. I find that if I mount it within the mesh (it sits at around 12 inches), and he tends to move away from it. I am using a 100W zoomed basking spot lamp.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am using a Reptizoo T5 HO 24 inch UVB with an arcadia 12% bulb. This fixture is mounted on top of the mesh. It's about 14 inches from the basking spot. I find that if I mount it within the mesh (it sits at around 12 inches), and he tends to move away from it. I am using a 100W zoomed basking spot lamp.
Good bulb but we need to get the distance correct - your screen is blocking 30% of those rays -- lower the decor piece or get a lower one and unobstruct the UVB distance around 13 inches or so -- hes not getting enough UVB -- this will effect his eating along w/ other health concerns as well -- he needs adequate UVB

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks very sweet. As Karrie suggested, the T5 can be mounted underneath of the screen so he can
get stronger UVB exposure.
It's possible he isn't getting quite enough fluids which can cause the bridge of the eye to deflate some.
You can give some fluids to him, via plastic dropper or syringe to help get him hydrated.

Tracie

Beardie name(s)
Copper (Male Leatherback) and Callie (Female HypoTrans Leatherback)
update: he is doing much better. His eyes are nearly back to normal and his poop looks healthy again. I moved the uvb inside his enclosure, and gave him some extra fluids. Thank you so much for the help!
So glad to hear this!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joncelona
Top Bottom