bearie has been trying to sleep past 4 days and wont move

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has been sleeping past 4 days he wakes up and then sleeps again and he hardly moves i tried flipping him over (usually he panicks) and he just panicked at last minute. I TOOK her out to play and she started sleeping where i put her PLEASE HELP THIS DOESNT SEEM NORMAL

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
How old is your beardie? If he's over a year old, he may be trying to brumate (hibernate).
Where are you located? If the temps had been going down, that could also explain why he's sleeping more.

To be on the safe side, take him in for an overall checkup, including a fecal test to rule out parasites.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I do not think its healthy to flip your beardie,they can not breath on thier back.
Beardie is probly just slowing dow for the winter.

Sharpie10122

Original Poster
My beardie is a little over a yr old. I didnt know they hibernate o.o but when animals hibernate dont they sleep and not wake up for like 5 months mine wakes up in the morning and trys to go back to sleep and fails till its night time. Actually ive never seen her asleep past 4 days but my mom said she fell asleep and im taking her word for it.How much does a General Check up. My mom doesnt like paying for me and i only got 40$ left

Sharpie10122

Original Poster
She actually closes her eyes quicker when i put the heat lamp where she is and when i take it out and the temp goes to 84 she has a hard time. Im noticing anothr thing her eyes seem to be squinting and not fully open when she moved.Could it possibl that when she was trying to sleep some crickets walked on top of her and hurt her eye? its been happening alot and she does nothing when crickets walk on her eye she just closes her eyes and stays still.I live in california

hi there why dont ya read up on brumation for your beadie as this is what it sonds likes it wants to do , and no they can still open there eyes while brumating and there is loads of stuff ya need to check on while they do it x i,m sure i read a good article on ere about it x swat up x

Sharpie10122

Original Poster
"As a general rule, you will usually find them sleeping, even during the daylight hours, on the cooler side of their enclosures or tanks, preferably as far away from their lights as they can get. If there is anything that they can burrow under, or that will provide shading from the lights, that will usually be where they choose to sleep, and when they are sleeping, you may find it extremely difficult, or even impossible, to wake them."

My Beardie chooses to take the warmest side of the cage.Its very easy to wake them i just need to make a little noise and her eyes open immediatly.How much does a overall check up cost?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We need to run over your tank setup to make sure your temperatures are where they need to be.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, is it a florescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light? What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures with, a stick on type, a digital probe or a temp gun? What are the temperatures in the tank?
They can sleep for weeks on end, but should be easily aroused even upon brumation. They will brumate at 1 year, or sometimes before but all dragons are different.

Tracie

Sharpie10122

Original Poster
Drache613 said:
Hello,

We need to run over your tank setup to make sure your temperatures are where they need to be.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, is it a florescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light? What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures with, a stick on type, a digital probe or a temp gun? What are the temperatures in the tank?
They can sleep for weeks on end, but should be easily aroused even upon brumation. They will brumate at 1 year, or sometimes before but all dragons are different.

Tracie[/quote

Please take me seriously and dont laugh even if i sound stupid im not used to checking this stuff i just usually take what the petstore people recomend.And i may not answer your question correctly and thats due 2 me not really getting it.If i answered the question wrong please just tell me and dont post HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH WTF IS THAT

Brand not so sure of through away the box and never really payed attention to it.type i think 160watz.i think its compact.I use a stick on type.Usually cold is 75-85 and hot is around 90-100. Something wierd happend. I got home from school and she wasnt brumating anymore o.o last week or so shes been not eating not drinking and trying to sleep but i come home from school and all of a sudden i see her running around her cage trying to get the crickets.I gave her some water and her skin turned a little pinkish i thought it was her shedding but when i put my finger on it . It felt squishy! Its mostly around top of her mouth stopping a little under her eyes. Is that normal to happen after brumation. Did she even brumate she hasnt had a big sleep cause she always wakes back up next day.Is it possible for a Beardie to decide not to brumate o.o What does that pinkish skin mean? Please Help me moderator i feel sick its all my fault i just know it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Would it be possible to post a picture of your setup? You mentioned that you thought the bulb was 160 watts, could it be a mercury vapor bulb? If it is, the info about the bulb should be printed right on the base of it and that info would be helpful.

What size tank are you using or what are the dimensions? Are you only using that one bulb? The stick-on thermometers can be off as much as 20 degrees. The only 2 ways to get accurate readings are with either a temperature gun or a digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end.

You mentioned that there is some pink coloring on her. Would it be possible to post a picture of her? Do you think the discoloration might be the beginning of a shed? Or is it possible that she got too close to the heat light and burned herself? Have you been bathing her, if so, how often? What type of substrate do you have on the bottom of the tank?

Are you leaving uneaten crickets in the tank with her? If so, that's not a good idea as not only will it stress her out but they will also chew on her causing nasty sores that can get infected.

The reason we are asking all these questions is because a lot of pet stores give out wrong info so we're trying to see if some changes in her setup need to be made. Posting pictures would help a lot so that we can see the "pinkish" areas you're talking about and the way her tank is set up.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
I remember the time my beardie was sleeping so soundly I thought he was dead. I picked him up and he was limp and I was holding him crying my eyes out and then he opened his eyes and looked at me. Then I just felt stupid :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom