Blondie's Pringles ~ Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the decision was completely up to Carl, because Xena was his babygirl, and I know no-one else in the world can ever replace her... but he has always wanted to raise a baby dragon, seeing as how 3 of our 4 are rescues, and adults when we took them in...

So darn if they aren't totally like, well as fresnowitte says, P-R-I-N-G-L-E-S-!

So Carl picked out his baby... it'll take a little while to name her, we have to see her personality. Welcome into our hearts, little one... almost 14 inches / 166 grams / crazy hyper personality so far ...
111210-bg01.jpg

As soon as we got her out of the packaging, she made a bee-line for my son's leg & pancaked out, so CJ got the first real snuggles, he's my little seatwarmer:
111210-bg02.jpg

Look at that sweet face:
111210-bg04.jpg

111210-bg05.jpg

Ooh, soft, what's this?
111210-bg06.jpg

Yum, salad... nom nom nom...
111210-bg07.jpg

Hey, lady, I cleaned my plate, can I have more?...
111210-bg08.jpg

Oh, wait, ...
um, what else was I gonna say? ...
Oh, yeah,

There's MORE!

I had to crop that first picture, look really closely...
111210-1-unwrapping.jpg

did you look really really close?
???
Really?

111210-lg01.jpg

111210-lg02.jpg

Barbara was worrying about finding this little guy a special home, and Carl fell in love with him/her too... so he's our "little guy/gal"... Quasi now looks huge, and Crash looks like Godzilla compared to these two!

So meet little guy / 60 grams / 11 inches ... so laid back, just watches everything going on, and eats and eats and eats (hand-fed salad today :mrgreen: )
111210-lg03.jpg

111210-lg04.jpg

Just a little stress going from Cali to Ohio...
111210-lg07.jpg

Bath time! This little one loves to swim already!
111210-lg08.jpg

111210-lg09.jpg

Ooh, what's this?
111210-lg10.jpg

111210-lg11.jpg

Ooh, what's up here -- slowly progressed up the branches, then just watched us and all the activity in the room for about an hour...
111210-lg12.jpg

111210-lg13.jpg

111210-lg14.jpg

111210-lg15.jpg

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
we finally saw the ortho surgeon Friday ~ of course with the mobility tests he had to do for assessment, Carl is really in a lot of pain still today... He is not 100% sure that this is hip-only ~ so he recommended a lesser cost alternative before the route of all the expensive imaging, to try a cortisone shot in the hip socket. While I do not like cortisone shots (They erode the muscle/tendon and eat away at the bone over time), I do realize that this could #1/ possibly give him some pain relief if it IS the hip only... and #2/ isolate whether or not it is hip-only...

IF the cortisone shot does NOT give more relief each day, then we need to investigate the L3 crux and see if there is a new pinch there, which is affecting his blood flow.

So it could still be a complex new injury, still not quite sure. Based on his viewing the Xray results, tho, he does not feel that it is an independent mass (tumor) ~ he instead feels that it is bone or calcification buildup.

So now we wait for the insurance to approve the Cortisone injection, then we wait 3-5 days and chart progress... If no definitive relief happens, we know to investigate his back for a new injurious shift.

BTW He did remember that he slipped on the steps (slid at least 3 jarring levels) a few days before he was taken to ER.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a drag for Carl, as if he doesn't have enough trouble with his back. Hopefully the cortisone shot gives him some relief & hopefully it's not a new injury, too bad we don't have the ability to heal ourselves, it would be a blessing if we could. So keep us updated when you can, tell Carl I feel for him, wish there was a way to fix it!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know, I used to want the same wand for Roger, his back was so bent, it was affecting all his organs & he was also in great pain all the time. Well as long as he didn't move, he was in no pain, but that's not good for arthritis, so I think I have a bit of understanding of what Carl is going through. Thank God he has you & that you have so much knowledge of what's going on with him. Hang in there Carl, hopefully the cortisone shot will do some good!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for the update, Dawn. I'm glad he doesn't think it's a tumor. That was my first thought and that wouldn't be good for anyone. He's to young for that. We are still praying for his healing.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ROFL... no, Deb, the cookies just made my house smell sooooooo GOOD :D Made them for Farmer's Market instead of zucchini bread this week ... now I gotta go see if my car will shift out of park ... we're tearing the console apart to see if we can get it unstuck... too bad I am like 7 miles from downtown... that's a long walk with all my "wares" (the cookies would never make the trip LOL)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That's a good idea, Dawn. Can you pm me your recipe? Then I can see if we can change it around for Bill so he can have no-sugar cookies. We found a recipe for molasses/raisin cookies that help him and taste good. I would like one for oatmeal cookies and the peanut butter cookies is a good idea, also.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Lori, can he do brown sugar? Or does that mess with him too -- I know a lot of diabetics are able to get away with brown vs. white? Or can you use Stevia or one of the fructose-plant based ones? There is sugar in the mix, just no gluten in the one... the sugar / egg binds the p'nut butter to make it stick in cookie form...

I know a lot of people are going with GF (gluten-free) diets nowadays... some people the wheat/bulgar just clogs their bodies... so the carbs don't convert to the sugars and they are able to gain more energy by going gluten-free... I'll be happy to PM you either one, the regular PB cookie recipe is even worse with the sugars... brown and white both :shock: but they are SOOOOO good... ahem... that was breakfast today :oops:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
mwahahaha ... thought I'd tempt you with some pics from today LOL:

These are the regular yummy recipe... mmmmmmm
0824120214a.jpg

and these are the gluten-free... they are delicious, the "purest" p'nut butter cookies I've ever made:
0824121118.jpg

yummy stuffs at the market today :D
0824121304b.jpg

0824121304c.jpg

our "celebrity" judges for the pickle contest today (a judge from muni court, Bob Dyer *middle* is a writer for the local newspaper, and Deputy Mayor Dave Lieberth
0824121231a.jpg

this was the vendors setting up for Market this morning...
0824121024a.jpg

some of my "stuff"
0824121117b.jpg

my teenage "helper" for the day... um, not sure if "helper" is the best word LOL
0824121117.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh sure, plaster pics of the yummy cookies here too! You meanie!

Looked like somebody was a tad camera shy today? :mrgreen:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Goonie":25vutefp said:
Oh sure, plaster pics of the yummy cookies here too! You meanie!

Looked like somebody was a tad camera shy today? :mrgreen:
LOL don't you wish Facebook and bd had smell-o-vision?!? LOL -- yeah, the backside is all I've gotten lately, she's a grump when I try and get her pic... aw, heck, she's a grump most of the time!!! :laughhard:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
as of yesterday, I officially have no more "kids" in the house ... I have teenagers ... I hope this is not a terminal disease LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom