Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yeah I don’t think he’ll do it again. I mean I was right there I was getting it up. I look over with paper towel in hand I see it nowhere and he’s licking his lips...Im like “no freaking way...don’t take your sister’s advice she’s a hamster.” I know Bardiel is a troublemaker but she’s not gonna tell a dragon to eat his you know...crap.

Found the culprit why he doesn’t gain a lot of weight. Big C word... I don’t even wanna say it. Now I have to think about putting him down or let him live out the rest of his life with it. Tom said he seems happy and he eats, this is your decision he’s yours. He does seem happy and he has quality of life here he’s not lying around dying. He doesn’t seem he’s suffering he’s completely enjoying himself he does gain a little weight but he has trouble keeping it. Man I don’t know this crap is messed up. I will feel like a horrible person letting him live like this though he doesn’t seem hindered by it. Tom will support my decision. He understands it’s a hard one to make as he seems happy. I guess when he stops eating and lying around dying quality of life is gone. I don’t know...I will need a lot of time and thought into this. He’s asleep right now. Im just here thinking of the hardest decision is he suffering? Is he happy? You know those questions. He doesn’t have a black beard anymore...dang. I had a dog like this and he went peacefully no vet he went to sleep and he was happy until the end. You can’t tell he’s lost weight. Maybe I should let him go losing weight he can’t be happy...my head hurts. I’ll try to sleep being sleep deprived won’t help my decision making any easier as if it’s easier in the first place.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry to hear that you found out what's wrong with Broly and that's what it turned out to be. But it doesn't sound like he's suffering so as long as he's still enjoying life I think you're doing the right thing by letting him live as long as it's still worth it for him. Tough decision, but you don't have to decide right away as long as he's still happy. I wish you and him all the best for whatever time he has left.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
We’re going to go through with the surgery it’s small and must’ve shown up late winter with the new symptoms. Tom is confident Broly will make it through. How it was described seems only some of the liver will be cut off to make sure it’s all gone and no chance to come back and spread.

He’s eating lots better! He’s finishing bowls of squash most days so he’s getting supplements. He can not care for salads though it’s offered every morning ever since he was a baby. He just doesn’t give two rats behind about greens and bell peppers lol. I better get some sleep. Oh he’s also keeping weight on.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It sounds like he's got a good chance. The liver can grow back in humans so I assume it's the same for bearded dragons. Is Tom going to do the surgery himself? It sounds like Broly is doing well in the meantime, and even if he doesn't eat greens, at least he eats squash so you've got something to put the supplements in. I know from personal experience that beardies who don't eat their veggies can still stay healthy. Whatever he eats, at least it's good that he's maintaining his weight.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigNikko33
Top Bottom