Darkened color?

RoseSkull

Hello, I am concerned about my beardie, I have had him since June 27 and I have a few things I am stressing about because I have heard so many horror stories and I just want to make sure he is happy, it seems I either can’t get his temperatures to stay just right his warm side it generally at 95*f and his cool side just will not stay cool enough it stays around 85ish*f, which is why I think his colors are getting dark when I go to put him away in his enclosure. But when he is out of his enclosure he is bright and moving around and being playful! So It it Becuase he is unhappy with his enclosure set up or he wants to be out? I also and concerned Becuase he sometimes take really really deep breaths almost like he can’t get enough air through his nostrils which is concerning me I have pictures of everything light and brand and the way his tank is set up as well as how dark his color gets I just am very stressed about making sure my little guy is happy and healthy please any information is helpful

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I am concerned about my beardie, I have had him since June 27 and I have a few things I am stressing about because I have heard so many horror stories and I just want to make sure he is happy, it seems I either can’t get his temperatures to stay just right his warm side it generally at 95*f and his cool side just will not stay cool enough it stays around 85ish*f, which is why I think his colors are getting dark when I go to put him away in his enclosure. But when he is out of his enclosure he is bright and moving around and being playful! So It it Becuase he is unhappy with his enclosure set up or he wants to be out? I also and concerned Becuase he sometimes take really really deep breaths almost like he can’t get enough air through his nostrils which is concerning me I have pictures of everything light and brand and the way his tank is set up as well as how dark his color gets I just am very stressed about making sure my little guy is happy and healthy please any information is helpful
please post the pics-- how are you getting the surface basking temps?

RoseSkull

Original Poster
please post the pics-- how are you getting the surface basking temps?
He has not gotten this dark since the first night I am going to post the products I have now

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 13

RoseSkull

Original Poster
The digital thermometers have probes? I would replace the T 5 bulb w/ either a Arcadia 12% 24 watt or a reptisun 10.0 T 5 - quality of bulb is way better -
are the temperatures okay? And the light set up the way the tube light is next to the basking light should be good right? He should still be getting his uvb rays?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
are the temperatures okay? And the light set up the way the tube light is next to the basking light should be good right? He should still be getting his uvb rays?
Yes set up looks good is the screen on and wide holed? If so decor should be 8-10 inches directly below uvb-- was trying to figure out what temp was what?

RoseSkull

Original Poster
Yes set up looks good is the screen on and wide holed? If so decor should be 8-10 inches directly below uvb-- was trying to figure out what temp was what?
Yes the screen is on i believe it is wide holes but i have thought of just cutting big hole for the lights so they can be more effective. And temp on the hot side fluctuates between 93-101 depending on if the screen is on or off and cold side I can’t get it to stay below 80 degrees unless it is night time

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes the screen is on i believe it is wide holes but i have thought of just cutting big hole for the lights so they can be more effective. And temp on the hot side fluctuates between 93-101 depending on if the screen is on or off and cold side I can’t get it to stay below 80 degrees unless it is night time
You cant get the cold side below 80 during the day ? You dont want it below 80 during the day that is a good temp --- 93-101 is good for surface basking temps -- if you cut a hole you will need to adjust the UVB to 12-15 inches

RoseSkull

Original Poster
You cant get the cold side below 80 during the day ? You dont want it below 80 during the day that is a good temp --- 93-101 is good for surface basking temps -- if you cut a hole you will need to adjust the UVB to 12-15 inches
So the uvb needs to be further away then the heat/basking light. I feel like my stressed brain about this situation is stopping me from comprehending. I’m sorry I do really appreciate your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So the uvb needs to be further away then the heat/basking light. I feel like my stressed brain about this situation is stopping me from comprehending. I’m sorry I do really appreciate your help!
For unobstructed UVB's distance is 12-15 inches for wide screen 8-10 inches -- basking lights should be NO closer than 6 inches -- you dont want burns and too hot of temps

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joncelona
Top Bottom