Diet Question For First Time Beardie Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Let me know a day or so ahead of time when you are coming to the city and I will hook you up with some different feeders if you want. Just message me on here or on Tacons (H2OhNo) or on SWR (Jaxx) ( I see you posted on there for the first time tonight too). I can get you Hornworms, Butterworms and Silkworms.

SeanC

ryanpeddle85":1sbptpkp said:
I am trying a variety but we are very limited in our small town so i pretty much have to breed my own. so i will pick up 100 of whatever i can find and start a colony. From now on i will only use black and blueberries as a treat. She has salad available 24hrs a day. For her salad she now gets collard, kale, butternut and peppers.

Wow, sorry I didn't get back to you, but I see others did :) All looks good. I feed mine the occasional hornworm and silkworm as treats. If you are going to breed anything, since we can't get dubia here, do superworms. They take some time to get started but they are easy. Another option is ordering online. I think you have enough reptiles to justify doing that. I order from www.supercricket.ca and my order comes in 3 days with XPress post. As long as the weather is not freezing cold they arrive in good health. It's also a lot cheaper to do that than get the same amount at a pet store.

barterking85

Original Poster
Mediabandit":2qmxbibk said:
Let me know a day or so ahead of time when you are coming to the city and I will hook you up with some different feeders if you want. Just message me on here or on Tacons (H2OhNo) or on SWR (Jaxx) ( I see you posted on there for the first time tonight too). I can get you Hornworms, Butterworms and Silkworms.

wow small world or what lol we are on all the same fourms lol i will let you know when i am heading your way

Ps i always read up on your thread on TACONS havoc the red phase beadie lol

barterking85

Original Poster
SeanC":2nayn0or said:
ryanpeddle85":2nayn0or said:
I am trying a variety but we are very limited in our small town so i pretty much have to breed my own. so i will pick up 100 of whatever i can find and start a colony. From now on i will only use black and blueberries as a treat. She has salad available 24hrs a day. For her salad she now gets collard, kale, butternut and peppers.

Wow, sorry I didn't get back to you, but I see others did :) All looks good. I feed mine the occasional hornworm and silkworm as treats. If you are going to breed anything, since we can't get dubia here, do superworms. They take some time to get started but they are easy. Another option is ordering online. I think you have enough reptiles to justify doing that. I order from http://www.supercricket.ca and my order comes in 3 days with XPress post. As long as the weather is not freezing cold they arrive in good health. It's also a lot cheaper to do that than get the same amount at a pet store.

Thanks for your help to i will keep posting to let everyone know her progress

barterking85

Original Poster
on a side note is the breeding process the same for silk and hornworms as it is for supers?
For supers I use the flat tackle boxes from walmart and divide up the supers to let them pupae then beetle, then put the beetles in a big long Tupperware dish with bran or oats and some potato or carrot for water untill they die off, then scoop out the dead beatles and let the tiny wigglers grow. I never stop with this cycle so i always have them. Is the process the same?

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
ryanpeddle85":3c8o6wok said:
Mediabandit":3c8o6wok said:

wow small world or what lol we are on all the same fourms lol i will let you know when i am heading your way

Ps i always read up on your thread on TACONS havoc the red phase beadie lol

lol, yup it is. You should check out his thread on here, much more to it then on Tacons.(link is in my sig).
Ya, just let me know ahead of time, I have a breeder friend who supplies me with crickets, superworms, hornworms, butterworms and silkworms at a very good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom