Egg binding.??

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

Oh my, wow that is quite a lot of egg laying. Poor thing, she has overactive ovaries for sure! I would
say if this continues, you might want to consider getting her spayed so it doesn't take such a huge toll
on her health in the future as she gets older.

Tracie
We talked about it but the vet said it's a pretty dangerous surgery, that not many survive the anesthesia or something but man, we don't know what to do with her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The surgery is a pretty routine surgery & if the vet is experienced then it shouldn't be a hard
surgery at all. For the most part, there are not very many that have trouble with the anesthesia
as long as it is dosed properly. A lot of reptiles tend to get surgery for a variety of ailments.
Go ahead & try the Raspberry Leaf Extract to see if that might help control hormones a bit better.
Maybe that will reduce the egg laying possibly.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

The surgery is a pretty routine surgery & if the vet is experienced then it shouldn't be a hard
surgery at all. For the most part, there are not very many that have trouble with the anesthesia
as long as it is dosed properly. A lot of reptiles tend to get surgery for a variety of ailments.
Go ahead & try the Raspberry Leaf Extract to see if that might help control hormones a bit better.
Maybe that will reduce the egg laying possibly.

Tracie
Raspberry leaf extract, like in the little dropper.? I'll try that because she already feels like she's starting to put on a bunch of weight, which is the first sign of eggs and I'm already dreading it 😮‍💨

We had to take Miko to the vet because overnight, her behavior changed. She refused to come out of the back corner of her tank to bask or eat and if I pulled her out, she'd go right back in there. She does have eggs too and should be laying them anytime, it's been about 4ish weeks since the typical egg behavior started. We thought she was impacted but the vet said her eggs moved a little but doesn't look impacted. She did say she didn't see the calcified egg around them and when she lays them, they'll be jello-y and doughy and that worries me for some reason. She gets plenty of calcium, on some food and salad so I don't know why her eggs are calcified.

Have I mentioned these lizards stress me out.?😅

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, they can definitely cause anxiety & stress especially when they have issues like eggs!
Sometimes they can have a clutch that is only partially calcified, while the rest is not. I am
not sure why this happens but it does.
How is she doing today? Has she had a black beard at all?

Keep us posted on her!
Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigNikko33
Top Bottom