HEEELPPP BLOODDYYY POOP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree 100% with Twobeardieguy. And, try calling other vets, qualified herp vets. Many will take payments and YES if it's a prolapse or something lodged, they CAN do something about it. Make sure the vet is a herp vet though.

LeGiTbEaRdIe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well he pooped in his bath i dont know whether what was hanging out of his vent came out or if it went back in when he pooped in the tub i looked under him and coming out of his vent was pink and then a spot of blood and then a couple little things came out and the pink and blood went back in i am going to call as many vets as i can tomorrow it is 10pm not many vets available right now :( i will get the baby food first thing in the morning!!!

when i put him back in his viv he took off running and went right up under his basking light!

wingnuts

Juvie Member
LeGiTbEaRdIe":2n697hx3 said:
so i got some corrot baby food as well as chicken he wont eat either one how do i get him to eat it?

Put a little on the end of his nose. They will usually lick it off. Stubborn buggers... :lol:

LeGiTbEaRdIe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i already did that i tried bot he licked it off and i would out it on his snout again and then he would lick it off he licked a little off the lid of a plastic container and then he step it in it and ran up under his basking lamp

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
just keep putting some on his nose i use a syringe and just squirt a little bit at a time onto mines nose and he licks it up. i hope your guy is ok deffinantly let us know what the vet says

When you gave him a bath, did you do the sugar water? Also, the pink exposed tissue sounds very much like a rectal prolapse. Keep a close eye on that, you don't want it hanging out where it can dry up, which would make things far worse. Sounds like he may be impacted and is prolapsing while straining to poop. If he poops and pink tissue remains outside the vent, you can apply a small amount of preparation H (GENTLY-DO NOT PULL ON ANYTHING STICKING OUT OF THE VENT PLEASE), then wrap his lower body in moist papertowl and try to get him to a vet ASAP. Try the pumpkin baby food or sweet potato baby food. Dragons like both and the softer food will be easier for his system to pass. Add the oil as Twobeardieguy mentioned to help lube his intestinal tract and get things moving. It can take a few days for an impaction to pass the system, so keep up the warm baths as well to help stimulate his bowels. If he's impacted, then we need to look at your husbandry to figure out what is causing it in the first place to prevent it from happening again. It would be helpful to give us a run down of your viv set up: type of lighting, temps on cool and hot side, substrate your using (BTW, for now I would suggest using newpaper or paper towel as it's less likely to irritate the vent area of any prolapsing tissue), what foods you are feeding:types of greens, types of feeders and how much/how often: This info will help us help you.

Let us know how he's doing!

LeGiTbEaRdIe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have to basically force feed him he doesnt like the baby food :( i just fill an eye dropper up thats the only way he will eat it

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Not before they are 16 inches in length. Up to that point, there is a slight bend in their digestive tract and they can become impacted from undigested shell. How's he doing? Are you still seeing pink coming out of the vent? What about blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom