HEEELPPP BLOODDYYY POOP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeGiTbEaRdIe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the pink was only coming out when he was pooping he has only been on baby food for like 2 days now.... i do know that the previous owners have been feeding him supers for a while... he is 17-18 inches right now i was told to only give him baby food but i was wondering when it would be okay to give him regular food because he has lost some wight already....

his poop today was reallly really watery

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Even though the poo today was watery, I would continue with the baby food for a few more days, to make sure that any blockage in his digestive tract has worked it's way out. The runny poo would be due to the babyfood, but this is far easier for them to pass if there is a blockage and he'll get some decent nutrients from it. Try the chicken baby food too, it's a good protein substitute for feeders while they are ill and very digestable. Once you do go back to feeders, go slowly. Just a few and make sure there are plenty of greens available to him, his system needs the roughage. He's big enough for supers, but you'll want to limit how many he's eating for a while until you are sure that he is recouperating well. I would also recommend getting a poo sample to a vet to test for high levels of parasites. He may need to be treated for pinworms or high coccidia counts. Fecal tests generally run from $25-$50, not too bad. I would look into it and soon. If he has his parasite or coccidia counts that needs to be treated to bring those counts down and get them in balance with the good bacteria.

Also, if you can't find a probiotic (without spending and arm and a leg at the vets, try soy yogurt. Just make sure it's not high in sugar. You can generally find it at the grocery store or at health food stores.

Keep us posted! Hang in there!

wingnuts

Juvie Member
He has been 3 days on a soft food diet, right? Has he pooped since then and if he has how did it look? As long as there is no evident prolapse and he is passing stool I think it would be safe to try some supers. Maybe a smaller meal of them along with his soft food at first. He is absolutely big enough to digest them properly so it is just a matter of how he doing now that he has had a break to allow any irritation of his vent to resolve.

Tracy & Stella

PS...Stella says she hopes her friend is feeling better!!!

LeGiTbEaRdIe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so is it normal that his poop comes out mucusy and also has ALOT of liquid?

once he is done pooping he will drag his butt on the floor and thats when i can see the blood :/ it is still happening

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Have you contacted any other vets? He really needs to be seen. If he's pooping, then I don't think it's impaction, but, he could have a huge parasite problem considering the amount of liquid and the mucus. Have a fecal run, and find out if the vet will take payments. It's not uncommon for them to drag their bottoms after pooping, but seeing blood afterwards is not good. Keep paper towel or newspaper in the bottom so that he's not dragon across anything rough and tearing at a sore area of the vent.

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
To me it almost looked like thread or something could he have eaten something he should not have? He needs a fecal ASAP Coccidia, Flagellates, and Hook Worms can cause bloody stool all are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom