Hello everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Wardo":a99ab said:
Yeah I cant thank you guys enough for this. I have a load of videos and pictures of Boris on his adventures around the house. I will upload them for you all tomorrow.
Cant wait to see those! I should have said yesterday, that is an amazing beard he is displaying in that first pic! He looks so proud of himself! But cant wait to see more of him!

Id just go today without supplements to start with.... then, once you get the supplements, a proper schedule can be figured out.

Happy shopping!

T

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave:Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D

Boris is very handsome :love10: thanks for sharing the pic's. :)

Again Welcome! :D

Wardo

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome you guys!

Well I went out shopping today, and managed to get Boris a new Arcadia D3 reptile florescent lamp. It cost £25, but its for Boris's wellbeing, so money well spent IMO, coz I want him to be back to his normal self. He wasnt very happy with the fact he had no UV this morning, and was in a grumpy anti-social mood which he is well known for, hidden behind his log.

So, Ive moved his thermostat probe to directly where he basks and checked his basking temps...

Well over 100 degrees!! The poor lad has been baking instead of basking! Ive altered his temps, and am now in the process of fine-tuning them with 2 thermometers I have got. Nowhere had any digital probe thermometers, so I am ordering him one tonight offline and when that arrives I will be able to properly monitor his heat.

None of the shops I went to had any stand alone calcium/multi vitamin supps either, so im going to look at ordering some of them tonight too.

Hes now laid out on his rock, eyes closed, mouth open a little, looking a little tired bless him.

He doesnt know i have bought him some locusts for his supper :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Wardo":9c4d7 said:
managed to get Boris a new Arcadia D3 reptile florescent lamp
Is that the 6% flourescent tube bulb? That should work ok.

Dependent on his age his temps should be somewhere from 100 - 110 in the basking spot - the younger they are, the hotter they like the basking spot to be - just not above 110. How old (approx) is he again!

Good luck getting everything online! Let us know what you go for.

T

Wardo

Original Poster
He is about a year old.

The lamp is a 5% UVB full spectrum lamp. He can get from about 12" ti 4" away from it.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Wardo":4ac6b said:
The lamp is a 5% UVB full spectrum lamp. He can get from about 12" ti 4" away from it.
Im going to assume that is something like this type of bulb http://www.livefoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=987 - something which looks like one of those energy saving bulbs? If it is, I would take it out asap and return it as these are as bad, if not worse than the reptiglo 10 tube - basically all coil/compact bulbs are not advised at all. You can read more at http://www.uvguide.co.uk.

You need to get a bulb like this http://www.livefoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=988. He is better with no uv for a few days as continuing under a bad bulb - if you have one that is.

At a year old id say he would still like his temps around the 105 - 110 mark - if you notice he doesnt bask at those temps then lower it slightly.

O and have fun with those locusts - I hope Boris decides he likes them again!

T

MissT

BD.org Addict
O hooray - thats good then! Sorry, I just had to make sure - the number of times someone has tried to convince me to buy a coil bulb is ridiculous! lol!

So where are the rest of these potos of Boris?? Iv been looking forward to seeing some more of him!!

T

Wardo

Original Poster
Some pics and a vid posted in the Beardy tales forum...

There will be more when I can find my bluetooth device.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
O good I am glad to see you found the arcadia bulb.I cant wait to go take a look at your pics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom