Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie is about 5 months old and been very healthy and has routine vet visits. She is in a 40 gallon breeder cage with tile floor, reptisun 10.0 uvb strip light and a mecury vapor light for heat 105 in basking and 80 in cool area. humidty is 30%. FFor the last 3 days she has only eaten some greens out of my hand and none out of the bowl. she has no interest in crickets either. i have dusted her crickets with calcium 3 to 4 times a week and dusted with nulti viatamin 3 times a week. she also gets a bath about 5 times a week. I need help i can't think of what I am doing wrong. :banghead:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, sorry to hear that your girl is worrying you. Could you fill us in on the brand and wattage of the MVB? Also, what is the distance that you have that bulb? How long have you been using the MVB? What type of thermometer are you using to check the temps?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Twobeardieguy":6a8b7 said:
Also is their a reason why you only have the UVB lights in the viv and not a UVA for heat?
They have a mercury vapor bulb and a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent which is actually too much UV rays, agreed?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
diamc":04af8 said:
Twobeardieguy":04af8 said:
Also is their a reason why you only have the UVB lights in the viv and not a UVA for heat?
They have a mercury vapor bulb and a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent which is actually too much UV rays, agreed?

Yes I agree!!

captianbeardie

Original Poster
it is a bulb that provides heat and uvb. it's about 14 inches away but she likes to climb and get right under it. i am usun digital therms

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Yes but you are using 2 forms of UVB! You should take one of them out and use a regular household bulb or a halogen bulb for light and heat!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, 14 inches is fine, but she shouldn't be able to get any closer than 12" to it anywhere in her tank. What is the brand of the MVB and what is the wattage? Is the MVB new? Does the digital thermometer have a probe or is it just a digital?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is true, you should only use one or the other as they both supply UV rays. You could use a white basking bulb with the strip UVB or just use the MVB with perhaps a lower wattage bulb on the cool side for a little extra heat there if needed. Using both of them may be making her uncomfortable. What is the brand & wattage of the MVB?

That's good that both thermometers have probes, I just wanted to make sure that you're getting accurate readings.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, that's a decent bulb. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't the 100 watt PowerSun as there has been some problems associated with that bulb. Did you just recently put either of those bulbs in the tank?

I suggest that you try turn off the Repti-Sun fluorescent and just leave the MVB on. It is very possible that with the too of them, it was affecting her appetite because she was uncomfortable.

How old is your beardie?

Edit: I just realized you said 5 mos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franceslbandomo
Top Bottom