humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtran1020

Hatchling Member
My humidity is at 50 but i don't understand why. I have a critter condo and theres vents in it. how do i bring it down? theres also no water in the tank whatsoever

bouncer36

i'm having the same proplem i had my airconditioner off my tank was beside my window in my living room and it was sitting in front of my fish tank
yesterday i rearange my living room and put my beardie not anywhere near there and his water dish was not in tank took it out a couple days ago
but the humidity was still at 50% but we did put our air conditioner back on this afternoon and now his humidity went down to 40%

bouncer36

my humidity is down to 41% i put my acurite humidity in there to see what is says cause i'm supposed to use it in my bedroom i do have a dehumidfer but i'm suppose to use in my bedroom i have asthma and i'm allergic to dustmites and dogs so im suppose to keep the humidity down to under 50%in my room

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
The gauge style hygrometers are often way inaccurate I would suggest to replace it with a digital before you make any further changes. They may cause stress to the dragon when most likely your humidity is fine.

bouncer36

tell you the truth i didn't do anything to get the humidity down just turned the air conditioner on because it was hot in my house i don't know what we will do when winter get here and i have to use the heater

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Beardednoob":eq2wayc2 said:
The gauge style hygrometers are often way inaccurate I would suggest to replace it with a digital before you make any further changes. They may cause stress to the dragon when most likely your humidity is fine.

I have seen the gauge style hygrometers give readings that were 20-30% off from what they really are.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
I hate humidity - a lot.

You can try one of those funny little coiled light bulbs in addition to your dragons other lights. It doesn't have a TON of heat, so it won't skyrocket the temperature, but enough to where it'll dry out an environment. You can try heat or air conditioning too - depending on where you live or what you need.

Best of luck - I'm just waiting for fall - that'll help me. Good luck!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
jtran1020":30m4a96j said:
ugh i just bought the hydrometer. what is a good digital one?

I would say, the Acurite digital thermometer (x2) with a built in hygrometer.
Place the unit on the cool side of the enclosure, it will tell the temperature over there and the humidity% plus it has a probe for the basking.
LOL plus it tells time :mrgreen:
~12$ at Walmart.
SAM_2388.jpg

I think they modified the display a bit though for the new model but, it has the same functions.

jtran1020

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright ill go check those out. I'm new to beardies how should I start taming them? He seems nice but I'm scared to go up to him and scoop him up. What should I do? He puffed his beard out a couple times but it wasn't black so does that still mean he doesn't like me?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
jtran1020":10x47wwz said:
Alright ill go check those out. I'm new to beardies how should I start taming them? He seems nice but I'm scared to go up to him and scoop him up. What should I do? He puffed his beard out a couple times but it wasn't black so does that still mean he doesn't like me?

When you go to pick him up (until he is used to you/human contact) go in from the front. Let him smell you, this is them licking your hand/finger for your scent. Once the dragon has got your scent it will either step away or stay there. If it stays there, this means "okay pick me up".
Here is a video of my picking up may dragons when they were babies. It should help.

Try your best not to go from the side until the dragon is used to being handled. Never pick them up from behind, their third eye will receive the light change and the dragon will sense "danger", essentially this scares them.

** video is old LOL**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom