New setup

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Since Luis' tank was due for a deep clean, I decided to redo his setup. With the naturalistic look it is almost impossible to set it up the same as before and I also felt like during the summer moths he wanted some more opportunities to escape the heat.
I'm not 100% sure on everything yet so feel free to chime in please

Seems like Luis likes it already :)
Just kidding, he obviously hates it 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20240630_171310.jpg
    IMG_20240630_171310.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240630_171329.jpg
    IMG_20240630_171329.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240630_171358.jpg
    IMG_20240630_171358.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240630_171418.jpg
    IMG_20240630_171418.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240630_171407.jpg
    IMG_20240630_171407.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 18

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Man you moved my chit, who told you that you could move my chit???? Lol.
He does look a little bit put off lol.
His setup looks sweet though. I wish I had room for habitats that large. His is big enough that he actually looks small when he is in there.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Man you moved my chit, who told you that you could move my chit???? Lol.
He does look a little bit put off lol.
His setup looks sweet though. I wish I had room for habitats that large. His is big enough that he actually looks small when he is in there.
Thanks man.
He does look put off and he's also about to shed his head any day now so it is safe to say he doesn't feel comfortable in his skin right now ;)

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Thank you everyone, I did sleep over it and looked at it again today. Also I did look at the places Luis was hangig out today and it turns out he really likes those branches on the hot side. But also I did not like how there was just too much going on on the cool side.
This is what I ended up with. Still has quite a lot of hiding spots but it looks more open like this and has more floor space.

Btw. does anyones dragon go into those kork tubes? He was in there maybe twice since i got it last year.

Attachments

• IMG_20240701_164411.jpg
    IMG_20240701_164411.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240701_164352.jpg
    IMG_20240701_164352.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240701_164341.jpg
    IMG_20240701_164341.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 9

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I've never seen mine in tbem. I stopped using them because of it. Your setup still looks sweet

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I don't have any. (And never considered getting them, as not available here.)
I could image they don't like it very much as once in there, they couldn't easily see a predator come, and could not turn in there easily.
When I compare to hiding spots my dragon uses: A burrow where he can turn and look out easily, gaps in a fake stone wall where he sits sideways, sees everything and could be gone in a moment if necessary.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Yeah, mine both won't go in there. I pretty much only use them to climb on and because they look awesome...

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I could guess the cork tubes are good for snakes (often seen pet snakes hiding into such), or for smaller reptiles or even insects and arachnids.

They indeed look nice! Their main benefit, I would think of, is that they are more lightweight than a solid branch. Good for the enclosure weight, good for shipment!

(Finding a really large branch, with tree bark still attached, is for sure quite hard when one have to buy one and maybe even have to get it shipped. I might not have gotten the large branch I'm using (1,20 m length) if not luckily an aquarium store had some - no idea why they had them, but it's a small store with random things and they looked like they might have wanted to use them for a jungle-like decor of their store which they never did? Store owner was very much appearing like "finally somebody buys one!" and had to think about how much to charge me for that :D)

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Strangely enough if I just lean a piece of bark against the back wall, leaving a hole about the same size as the tube, they will be happy to use it as a hide 🤷‍♂️

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@Chris

My Taco goes into holes that are smaller than the hole size I guess the cork in your picture has - but the shape is different and not tube-like.
Putting it against the wall instead of being it a tube, it is maybe shorter? So it's easier to see that there is nobody in (no snake!), it's on the ground, the sitting position it allows... Could see many possible differences that matter. Just like we humans have somewhat even subtle preferences for a piece of furniture we even can't describe easily.

Fun thing: I'm always wondering about which things pets but also animals in the wild might be puzzled regarding us humans. Things where they likely know what we do (seeing us eating, seeing us eating things they know and don't like), or things where they won't know what is it good for (e.g.: bearded dragon seeing me ironing a huge pile of laundry for an hour - even doesn't look like "the stuff humans have on their body").
:D

NickAVD

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I have something like this, only it's half a pipe and has an extra arch to go into it. This allows Foxy to move around freely inside her. He often likes to relax there and look out of it, watching us.
IMG_20230531_105454.jpg

IMG_20230531_105433.jpg

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
My dragon uses such shapes (narrow, wide opening). He has a hide that looks very much like this (it's just made of a different material, I made it out of concrete and driftwood - real wood but imported is hard to get here as especially wood with bark attached, or tree bark itself, is almost impossible to import into Chile, it's a similar situation with many things like Hawaii or Australia). Photo of that hide is attached.
He'd also use a smaller and narrower one; I just made it a bit larger as I think he might still grow a bit and "fill out".

Also the entrance of his burrow where he goes in when he likes to retreat very much (brumation, sometimes sleeping, and knowing he's out of reach for humans) has an entrance similar in shape, and then it goes down almost 20 cm.
He often likes to relax there and look out of it, watching us.
Absolutely, this is also what Taco does in there.

Attachments

• hide.jpg
    hide.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willyrybo
Top Bottom