Nipped tail

NickAVD

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
So, we see that Luis has a coal-black tip of his tail. It has just shed and therefore the color of the scales will be more saturated, everything above looks milky because of the scales that have not yet shed.
This is just a guess. Maybe this is Luis's normal tail color and it looks coal black only because new bright scales have been exposed? Did he have a red tail before?

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
So, we see that Luis has a coal-black tip of his tail. It has just shed and therefore the color of the scales will be more saturated, everything above looks milky because of the scales that have not yet shed.
This is just a guess. Maybe this is Luis's normal tail color and it looks coal black only because new bright scales have been exposed? Did he have a red tail before?
Not really, he has always been a bright orange.
But I'm also not really to worried about the color, as it has always changed a lot for him and he has a lot of black/blue in him. Even the tip of his tongue is black.
The "swelling" is something that bothered me and it has become a lot less prominent with the old scales shedding off and probably the remaining of his tail getting closer to shedding.
You can see here that the scales he sheds off are more orange than the new ones and it has been this way for quite a while with him.

Attachments

• IMG_20240618_172731.jpg
    IMG_20240618_172731.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 23

NickAVD

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I thought you were also concerned about the color of the tail. It’s good that he doesn’t have a swelling now. I think the tail will be fine.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The bottom looks normal, if it were tail rot or some other ailment the whole tail would be discolored I would think.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
The bottom looks normal, if it were tail rot or some other ailment the whole tail would be discolored I would think.
That's what I think as well. It also would be without any feeling or ultra sensititive to touch but neither is the case. Thank you a lot for you input guys, I really appreciate it.
Hopefully it will all turn out right for us :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That's what I think as well. It also would be without any feeling or ultra sensititive to touch but neither is the case. Thank you a lot for you input guys, I really appreciate it.
Hopefully it will all turn out right for us :)
Keep us posted 🙂
I swear I get attached to everyone elses beardies to lol.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think it should be just fine, but I haven't seen anything like this in awhile but every so often there is a case similar to this.
Just keep an eye on the coloring to be sure it
doesn't radically change.

Tracie

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Hello,

I think it should be just fine, but I haven't seen anything like this in awhile but every so often there is a case similar to this.
Just keep an eye on the coloring to be sure it
doesn't radically change.

Tracie
Okey, will do. Thanks a lot Tracie :)

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Update:
He finally looks a bit better, the break doesn't seem quite as harsh anymore.

This is him sitting on my shoulder which he likes a lot so he is more bright than usual, hence the black tip is even less pronouced. Usually it is still a little darker than in the pic but definately brighter with more color.

I do rinse him off every other day right now to get the loose skin off. He's not very active at the moment but he's eating good and even gained a total of 25g this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20240621_151043.jpg
    IMG_20240621_151043.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 18

NickAVD

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
This is very good news! Luis's tail looks very bright. I wouldn’t have recognized Luis by his tail color if you hadn’t said it was his photo. Before this, Luis's color was always dark orange.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
This is very good news! Luis's tail looks very bright. I wouldn’t have recognized Luis by his tail color if you hadn’t said it was his photo. Before this, Luis's color was always dark orange.
Yes, his color is always all over the place and it seems he stresses very easy. This is him on my shoulder, looking out the window, which is the his most favourite place in the world.

It is also finally warm enough for him and I to hang out, the summer in Germany has been nothing less than a huge disappointment so far. Lots of flooding, nighttime below 10°C and daily thunderstorms. This week was a little better with temps in the mid 30s°C (too warm, where is the golden middle) but also with almost 80% humidity...

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom