Premature/deformed Hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the forums and just wanted some advice on what to do. This little baby(see links below) hatched in in the morning yesterday. He has a deformed tail and i cant tell what is coming out of his stomach. Like if its a yolk sac or some kind of internal organs. About once an hour he runs around in the incubator for just a couple minutes but then falls asleep. He is alert when he is running around but when he is sleeping he seems dead. Not sure what to do with or how to help him. He is the first to hatch of the clutch that was laid on Janurary 14. Also should i keep him in the incubator for another couple days? Is there any chance of him surviving.
Heres some info on the incubation:
Icubator- Hovobator
Temp- 84
Substrate- Vermiculite
Humidity- Just kept vermiculite a little wet so the eggs wouldnt dry out
Parents not related
http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/italipinos23/?action=view&current=IMGA0044.jpg
http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/italipinos23/?action=view&current=IMGA0046.jpg

EllasMummy

HI i wouldnt worry to much mine started hathcing friday gone and were just 52days (eggs born 13th jan) so only day between ours, and some of mine had huge egg sacs attached to their tummy buttom, i would put him in his own tub in incubator on some moisy paper towel and keep in til his lil sac falls off. If you look at my htread 'MILLY'S FIRST CLUTCH' YOU CAN COMPARE. TAIL LOOKS OK TO ME. How meny hav u got to hatch?? x

italipinos8

Original Poster
Wow... thats good news :) . I thought the tail was deformed for the most part. I have 12 more eggs to hatch. '
Thanks for the reply.

EllasMummy

oooooo 12 more how meny did you start with if you dont mind me asking or have they all made it this far?? did u look at milly's thread?? what did u think of the pics?? x

italipinos8

Original Poster
I started with 19 eggs. I did see Millys thread and it was cool. Very nice pics. So do the babies usually sleep and act dead until there yolk sacs fall off?

EllasMummy

yeh they really do look dead, even when u touch them it takes quite abit to be able to see them take a deep breath then they twitch a leg or something and u know thier ok, it lasts around24-48hrs they are just wrecked from breaking out xxx

italipinos8

Original Poster
I got another question: This one egg has been "sweating" a lot for the past 24 hours. It has also turned really soft. Does this mean it is hatching soon?

Sorry about all the questions. I am used to leopard geckos and it is my first time breeding beardies so im happy and anxious for them to hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joncelona
Top Bottom