reptiglo 10.0- urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visionist

Hatchling Member
Sorry to make so many threads pertaining to this but I need to get my beardie on proper uvb asap. My local pet stores do not carry reprising only reptiglo. I've read that reptiglo used to be bad but some people have mentioned they have improved. The 10.0 bulbs say desert reptiles on them and show a picture of a bearded dragon. Shipping in Canada would take 2 weeks or so and I don't want to go that long without uvb. How bad are the 10.0 reptiglo bulbs?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't go with them.

It still would be best to order the reptisun 10.0.

2 weeks without is better than having a bad uvb that can cause problems.

While you are waiting for the bulb to arrive, you can take your dragon outside for some natural sunlight if you can. You really should too, they will like it. Well, most do lol.

-Brandon

Gail

BD.org Addict
The reptiglos are really iffy, I'm currently using a 10 for my baby and have had no issues with it but a lot of people do. You could try it but at any sign of eye trouble, you MUST turn it off. Order a couple of reptisun's so you will have them on hand, use the reptiglo only as back up.

Caramell

Hatchling Member
I used a Reptiglo coil bulb for my beardie's first year(before I found out what the proper one was) and I didn't have a major problem with it. Even if you decide to go with the ReptiGlo for a bit, I think you're still risking it, it's really something that's up to you I guess.

Visionist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":4rtumrxe said:
For my beardie, not so much for my wallet. Bulb cost 42$ shipped to canada(20$ shipping...) and the fixture is going to cost 28$ as soon as my local hardware store gets a shipment in(about a week).

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
yay for living in canada eh? lol

I'm gonna order a few bulbs next time to hopefully cut down on my shipping cost overall.

Kalyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom