Reptile Expo - Houston Repticon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownhope

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FrancoisBeans":bj7330l4 said:
Unknownhope":bj7330l4 said:
Boyfriend is still telling me I don't need another dragon. I'll convince him yet. ;)

I'm going to the Houston Repticon on December 4th and 5th. Anyone going to that one?

Pick me! Pick me! I went to the Repticon here in Houston this summer, and my boyfriend talked me into getting our ball python... Will definitely be going again Dec 4th or 5th, but we've agreed ABSOLUTELY no more pets! We have 5 mouths to feed already, haha. They do have a lot of items, not much less than pet stores, but I found some stuff I hadn't seen like a bigger cactus for Francie... Even if you don't buy anything it's cool to see all the different kinds of reptiles, all the morphs, and everything. Very neat experience, I'll be there fo sho. :)

Yay! I can't wait!! Glad to hear some more good feedback about it. I'd rather have a good time anyway, even if I'm not purchasing anything. My boyfriend is telling people we're going to a Lizard Expo. I said, "No no, a REPTILE Expo. There will be turtles, frogs, crocodiles, snakes, lizards, and other animals there." He's not convinced. He thinks we're gonna go there just to see the beardies. :roll: :lol:

Derek32":bj7330l4 said:
if i dont find a nice beardie online this week i may go since im now lookin for another :p

Just keep in mind the size you should be looking for. Six plus inches. I've read so many unfortunate postings recently of people purchasing beardies not old enough to be sold yet, and it's heartbreaking!! They get sick quick and/or die unless you know how to properly take care of one that young. I hate reading those posts. :(

There were quite a few different things. A lot of what are there are snakes, in different morphs and such, but even if you're not a huge snake person there were some tegus, iguanas, beardies, monitors, geckos, chameleons, frills, turtles... Most people seem to specialize in one animal but a couple tables had several things to look at. Definitely go to check it out, it's fun. :)

Derek32

Juvie Member
i cant wait lol im going and i know for a fact im gonna have som ecash to blow. im meeting a guy from the reef forum im part of. he is meeting me there at 9:30 AM and im giving him some light snad hes giving me 160 bucks for them. then he may buy a tank from me too. plus i have a bunch of stuff for sale on craigslist and a reef forum that if they sell ill have cash

Unknownhope

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I'm picking up a 40 gallon breeder on Tuesday. $40.00 for it, including a timer, lights, logs, caves, and food/water dishes. It's a steal! I almost feel bad taking it for that much, but I'm not gonna say no. Which means I'll have an extra tank. :D My boyfriend has yet to realize this yet. :twisted:

New2Dragons

When ya'll say 6 inces are ya'll including the tail in the measurement?

Is it better to purchase a dragon from Petsmart or an expo.

We live in the Dallas, Texas area and I just looked it up and there will be an expo in Arlington. Should have the tank ready by then.

Unknownhope

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
New2Dragons":23buriq4 said:
When ya'll say 6 inces are ya'll including the tail in the measurement?

Is it better to purchase a dragon from Petsmart or an expo.

We live in the Dallas, Texas area and I just looked it up and there will be an expo in Arlington. Should have the tank ready by then.

Including tail. And they must be minimum 4 weeks old, but even then that is sometimes too young.

I wouldn't purchase a dragon from Petsmart, normally they are unhealthy and way too young to take home.
However it's also not necessarily better to purchase a dragon at an expo. As Tom was saying, there are breeders, and then there are people who try to sell their dragons. At most expos, there are people who try to sell their dragons too young as well. You just need to be careful.

I'd recommend almost any breeder on this website and order online. I'll send you a PM with some breeders and websites with whom I've had a great experience from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom