Salads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
pscaulkins":c50ae said:
Is this for an adult? I just had to ask because I used to do this for Jada when she was younger but now she is almost 7 months old and she quit eating her salads until I upped the size of greens. So now I have to hand or scissor cut her salads. :shock: I would much rather use my processor. I spoon feed Magick and Semi salads like what you posted but they are just plain spoiled so I plan on making Jada eat hers on her own.

Yep, it's for 3 adults and 1 juvie. lol They're spoiled. If I give them bigger chunks they won't eat it. If I make it any smaller they won't eat it... :roll: See a trend with my kids?

Jaderose":c50ae said:
Mistyck":c50ae said:
It's not a secret. Collards, zucchini and mustard greens. Use a mini chopper and there ya go.

What's the orange stuff? Carrots?

Yes, it's carrots, I thought I put that earlier...Sorry.

laura_leigh

I'm definately going to try this. I've always hand cut all of Falcor's salads, and its quite the pain, plus he will pick around his veggies and whatnot eating only the greens.... Thanks for the great idea!

Talia

Do you use a grater disk on a food processor for this?

PS how freaky is it when the site tells you Yahoo Bot is also browsing the page!

jeLcoke

Well I whipped up a collard greens/zucchini masterpiece for Godzilla and low and behold he devoured the whole thing....but the little smartass was able to eat around/under/over and to the side of all the calcium powder hahaha..

Thanks again mystick....

Trickseedog

That looks so good that I might just have to share it with Breyas. (Seperate bowls, of course.) I'v always just torn the greens by hand and haven't been able to get him eat any other kind of plant matter. I'll have to try the chopper. Maybe I'll get some squash in him yet.

To those who haven't heard of them, collards and turnip greens, like okra, are a southern mainstay. Mustard greens give them more zing. You need to cook them with a big old ham bone for the best flavor for humans, but beardies love them in the raw!

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
IMG_0214.jpg

straight up collards here :D

Jeff

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I don't own a food processor, so I use a mini chopper. I grate the carrots by hand with a hand-held cheese grater.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
This is what I try to feed her. A mixture of finely cut dandelion, mustard, collard, endive, escarole, grated parsnip, and butternut squash. The white stuff is parsnip and the orange stuff is butternut squash. She loves this stuff. That's what I try to prepare for her. The parsnips are really good for her...very high in protein and low in calcium oxalate...even lower than the dandelion green, which is the best green to feed really. The butternut squash add color and is a good color enhancer, plus it got a lot of carbohydrate, too.
salad.jpg

You should try using the butternut squash like I do. It's much healthier than carrots. Carrots are fine on occasion, but they really contain too much calcium oxalate the stuff that binds with calcium and render useless to your dragon. Mine loves butternut squash. The squash gives it that orange color like carrots do and it brings out the color like it, too.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
You should try using the butternut squash like I do. It's much healthier than carrots. Carrots are fine on occasion, but they really contain too much calcium oxalate the stuff that binds with calcium and render useless to your dragon. Mine loves butternut squash. The squash gives it that orange color like carrots do and it brings out the color like it, too.

They do not like squash and they get carrots in their salad every other week. I'll just stick to what they like, and not try to jack them up too much by putting things they don't like in their salads.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Have you try cooking my microwaving until it's soft? It changes the taste when you cook squash. It becomes sweeter when you do.

IT's funny I assumed yours will eat them, too. Mine will gobble up anything I put in her cage. Well, almost everything.... The only thing she doesn't is fruits. For some reason she won't touch the salad when I put fruits in it.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I've tried everything pretty much every way you can think of. They have their favorites and I stick to that. If I deviate then I have black beards for days at a time. I try to keep them happy because I don't have the patience to deal with 4 po'd dragons on top of dealing with a toddler, 2 cats, a hedgehog, a dog and a grown man who thinks he's still a child. It's just more simple for me to keep them extremely happy with everything. :lol: (They're not spoiled are they... :shock: :roll: )

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Have you tried parsnips? It's one of the best veggies out there even better than dandelion. It's very high in protein and fiber. It was recommended to me by people who keep iguanas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom