Second guessing my choice of UVB tube

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you've never used it iodine will leave serious stains so don't get it on anything that isn't disposable.

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
Not exactly, you just put the betadine/iodine (same thing) in a shallow dish or cup and hold the dragon so the affected area is submerged in the iodine for 15 minutes or so, then pat dry.
Thank you. Do i need to thin it with water? edit: and is it once a day or more?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The stress of a vet visit and amputation is the only stress that will save him right now. The dragon is already under an immense amount of stress. That tail is literally a festering infection that is circulating through the body's system. That is the ultimate amount of stress. What will save the body from that stress is the rotten and infected flesh being removed. The most dead part will fall off, but the infection underneath will linger until it's systemic and fatal.

-Brandon

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
The stress of a vet visit and amputation is the only stress that will save him right now. The dragon is already under an immense amount of stress. That tail is literally a festering infection that is circulating through the body's system. That is the ultimate amount of stress. What will save the body from that stress is the rotten and infected flesh being removed. The most dead part will fall off, but the infection underneath will linger until it's systemic and fatal.

-Brandon
I tried talking the breeder into treatment today and i think i offended them. I offered to pay for iodine and they just dug in their heels, they keep saying its not tail rot. Theres nothing more i can do, than hope he stays alive till i get him. I am really torn up about this. I wish i could do something. This is a picture they sent today. Im at my wits end. Should i just tell them to put him down, after all? My heart is broken

Attachments

• 591760E9-4B1A-4133-9341-9A1D886E4E13.jpeg
    591760E9-4B1A-4133-9341-9A1D886E4E13.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 17

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
I knew when i agreed to take him, that him being little and a runt, he may not live long but I had hoped i could give him some peace and love for however long he was gonna be here for. Is it more merciful to let him have peace now? Judging by some pictures, some toes look black too. :( Can a vet even amputate all that and there still be a quality of life? I am willing to give him any chance i can but i will not spare my own feelings at the cost of his quality of life.

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
I feel so stupid for believing the breeder when they said it wasn't rot.

Attachments

• 9134156F-D240-4A34-A9C6-2259062F959E.jpeg
    9134156F-D240-4A34-A9C6-2259062F959E.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Give him a chance. He deserves it, he has had rough start, it would be tragic to end his life because the breeder is an inhumane p.o.s.
It seems to me the guy plans and hopes he'll pass. If that happens he should reported for animal cruelty. It's one thing if there's no chance, but that lil guy is fighting for his life.

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
Give him a chance. He deserves it, he has had rough start, it would be tragic to end his life because the breeder is an inhumane p.o.s.
It seems to me the guy plans and hopes he'll pass. If that happens he should reported for animal cruelty. It's one thing if there's no chance, but that lil guy is fighting for his life.
The tail is one thing but i'm nervous about that little hand of his. If they would have to remove that... :( would he be okay like that? I feel very protective of him and I loved him from the first go. But I won't keep him alive just for me.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The tail is one thing but i'm nervous about that little hand of his. If they would have to remove that... :( would he be okay like that? I feel very protective of him and I loved him from the first go. But I won't keep him alive just for me.
He will be @acidburn01 has a boy named nubby that has 2 amputated feet and is thriving. Maybe message her and find out whats involved.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The foot that bitten don't look that bad. The front foot just looks dirty to me.

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
The foot that bitten don't look that bad. The front foot just looks dirty to me.
I hope its just dirt yeah If thats the case and its just the tail, im definitely gonna try. I'm gonna ask the breeder when i can take him home and then i'll message my vet with some images. Looks like Acid's baby is missing the hindfeet, I don't know if thats different from front.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I hope its just dirt yeah If thats the case and its just the tail, im definitely gonna try. I'm gonna ask the breeder when i can take him home and then i'll message my vet with some images. Looks like Acid's baby is missing the hindfeet, I don't know if thats different from front.
I'm sure a little but they learn how to handle themselves. I have a rescue that is special needs, but she would call me a liar.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigNikko33
Top Bottom