Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalalala

Hey guys, took over a rescue a couple of days ago and I've noticed that his tail seems to be darker towards the end in a gradient towards his bum. The tip of the tail seems to be a bit wonky and misshapen. Is this indicative of tail rot?

UKBW63M.jpg

fKXLxXg.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it has an odd scale structure right at the point where it gets a tiny bit thinner but I don't think it's tail rot. Tail rot CAN creep up under the scales before it shows real indication of what it is [ when it becomes shriveled ] so it would be good to keep an eye on it although I doubt there is any problem.

Does it feel much different from the spot where it gets smaller ? Squishy in any way ?

Shalalala

Original Poster
Ok, thanks for the reply! I was a bit worried. The tip feels similar to the rest of the tail, maybe slightly harder but I'm not sure. Does tail rot feel squishy or hard?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
An infection that is traveling under the scales but hasn't yet caused it to shrivel up may feel squishy. Then the tissue goes from squishy to hardening or some of it sloughing off and leaving it hard + brittle, but it will really look bad [ skinny + stick like ] at that point when it has killed the tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thien
Top Bottom