Dragon not eating, eyes closed, lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As AHBD mentioned, there are a lot of different issues going on here and she is definitely very weak. It is very important to keep offering drips of water & to try the baby food off & on, make sure it isn't too thick though as you wouldn't want her to choke if she can't get it down easily. Good idea trying a very small dubia or cricket and rubbing the inside of it on her nose or holding it so she can get a smell of it first.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to try taking her outside for a few minutes if it is warm & sunny but not too breezy.

She needs lots of rest now though in a warm spot. We are all pulling for her, hope she can improve, poor thing.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As for the baby food, there is some literally inside of her mouth and she just can't swallow it.
Was it a thick blob of the chicken that you put in her mouth or was it a thin consistency? Does she have her mouth open, is that how you can still see it? Is it in the side of her mouth or on her tongue? If it's like in the middle of her tongue & it's thick & she has her mouth open, you should remove it so she doesn't choke (aspirate) on it.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, I'm SO sorry. If you're not completely sure she is gone, gently pick her up and holding her in your hand, slowly set her back legs in the water while supporting her to see if you see any breathing or movement at all.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so, so sorry Chiyo ! :( You tried your very best to save her. I'm sure this is so upsetting, my heart goes out to you !

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I was hoping she would rebound. You did your very best to care for her and that's all that can be asked.

Chiyo

Original Poster
I'm sure she was dead. I went up about an hour ago, her mouth was open as were her eyes but she was all "sqwished up". I put some water in her mouth and got no reaction, then I gave her a bath, still nothing. I just buried her...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Again, I am so sorry. Unfortunately, we weren't able to help in time, seems like she had so many issues going on. You certainly tried your best and we know you cared for her very deeply. We know how much it hurts. We are here if you feel like talking.

Wish we all could have helped more.

Chiyo

Original Poster
I would like to thank all of you for your time and help. I'm sure it was appreciated by Chiyo, it certainly was by me. Not everyone would have spent the time and effort that you did trying to help me.

Maybe I'll start again properly. I don't know yet, I'll give it time.

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Chiyo":20yo72ee said:
I would like to thank all of you for your time and help. I'm sure it was appreciated by Chiyo, it certainly was by me. Not everyone would have spent the time and effort that you did trying to help me.

Maybe I'll start again properly. I don't know yet, I'll give it time.

You tried all that you could, and Chiyo will always love you for that.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We're always here to help you in any way we can.

graciemad-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom