Light too hot??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATBOYDADRAGON

Hatchling Member
First time i have heard of this bulb but 160 wt seem a bit much for a 4x2x2 or a 40 gallon breeder.
I bought my Mega-ray 100 sb at http://www.reptileuv.com
This work really well in my 4x2x2 .
Next to the Mega ray i intalled a second fixture to supplement the heat.
My basking rock is 14 inches under the bulbs in basking area.
In summer i use a 50 wt halogen bulb and in winter i use a 75 watt halogen
purchased a wal-mart for about 5 bucks each
My temps are taken with digital probe thermometer.
The basking side stays at 103to 107 f the cool side is 80 to 85 f :)
I cut 2 circular recesses in top of viv a little bit larger than the dome fixtures.
I use a deep dome fixture purchased at http://www.petmountain.com for the mega-ray
and a 5 1/2 dome fixture for the halogen bulbs.
Inside the viv i stapled 1/2 inch mesh hardware cloth for the domes to sit on .
My temps stay the same year round .
Hope this helps
Mike D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franceslbandomo
Top Bottom