Limping left front leg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news she finally started eating some greens! I guess she figured that she needed to eat
something. It's a great sign if she was up & basking waiting for you! Shedding is a very good sign, too
so hopefully she is improving a lot now.
At least she also ate some insects too but maybe things will be more balanced for her with her nutrition.
Always nice to get positive outcomes, that is for sure!
You can post anytime. You can keep this thread open as long as you would like, no problem at all!

Tracie

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
She killed her greens today while I was a work. Of course, the more she eats, the more she poops… she had some solid in enclosure.
I let her out on the floor. Thank God she did this on the linoleum- straight liquid???
Since she’s eating greens that I wet down before I go to work, back off on trying to syringe some water??? Gave a couple good sized hornworms last night also. And about 40 mealworms.
Now it’s turned into a feeding question.
I think she’s mad at me now…. I block off under couch and every way she can get behind furniture and crevasses in kitchen. I rent a small cottage but ample room for her to get exercise.
But…. One block is a fireplace gate that folds. She figured out she can climb that. Put books in front. She figured out which books she could climb onto. Switched the books now she can’t jump that high 😂
Yeah she’s not happy.
Give her an inch and she wants to take a mile 😂
But I’m also wondering what I can get for her to climb vertical as she’s out…

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Rico is shedded her head. Nothing else looks like it’s shedding. Kind of weird.
I think I got all the shed in one piece out of both nostrils. They look open???
She’s eating good. But last couple days glass-surfing, even though I let her out for a bit. Humidity is good.
Maybe uvb needs replaced?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Rico is shedded her head. Nothing else looks like it’s shedding. Kind of weird.
I think I got all the shed in one piece out of both nostrils. They look open???
She’s eating good. But last couple days glass-surfing, even though I let her out for a bit. Humidity is good.
Maybe uvb needs replaced?
How old is the UVB ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good to know she got her shed finished up & her nostrils, too. It sounds like she is very active
& trying to climb on everything too! They do love to climb. So I guess you will be dragon proofing the
play area for her!

Tracie

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
UVB is 3 months… I was just thinking I’m going tomorrow to grab another set of bulbs.
She hasn’t her shed it was just her head???
I’ve been very creative on Rico-proofing my place - she’s training me very well 😂
I have shoulder surgery next week so trying to get things that I may need (like bulbs). Deep-cleaning tank this weekend.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
UVB is 3 months… I was just thinking I’m going tomorrow to grab another set of bulbs.
She hasn’t her shed it was just her head???
I’ve been very creative on Rico-proofing my place - she’s training me very well 😂
I have shoulder surgery next week so trying to get things that I may need (like bulbs). Deep-cleaning tank this weekend.
No UVB is good please change it out at approx 10-11 months old --

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
No UVB is good please change it out at approx 10-11 months old --
Another issue - after helping shed her head, she’s been upset. Today seriously glass surfing. I think she ate greens yesterday and a hornworm.
I can’t get her into vet until tomorrow. I’m wondering is her nostril is clogged - it only looks like a tiny open and was pretty black when came out of hide this morning. Normal coloring now.

Or she’s constipated. She pooped a little yesterday, but quite a bit of “water”. Soaked her a bit ago and she pooped/peed again still water with it. I wanted to look at looked like she was trying to do more.
Maybe I gave her too many little mealworms a couple days ago.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Another issue - after helping shed her head, she’s been upset. Today seriously glass surfing. I think she ate greens yesterday and a hornworm.
I can’t get her into vet until tomorrow. I’m wondering is her nostril is clogged - it only looks like a tiny open and was pretty black when came out of hide this morning. Normal coloring now.
post a pic of the nostril and area in question

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
post a pic of the nostril and area in question
I think it’s the first one. Right side?
But I noticed that today everytime I go out the door. She jumps off her basking and goes to the side I’m on. She even flared.
I don’t want to take her to the vet for nothing.
It’s expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_4443.jpeg
    IMG_4443.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4444.jpeg
    IMG_4444.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SScrimshaw
Top Bottom