Egg binding.??

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Dreki finally laid again, my kid said about 20 but I haven't checked yet to verify. When I checked on her, she was kinda dragging her body around.? And almost seemed like she was straining a bit, I couldn't tell. And was digging at the ground. I don't remember her doing that last time but she stopped when I took her out. Her belly is soft but her vent seems...bulging.? She's walking around and looking at us and her belly and vent are soft and stuff, so I imagine she's okay.? Does anyone have any better idea.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Dreki finally laid again, my kid said about 20 but I haven't checked yet to verify. When I checked on her, she was kinda dragging her body around.? And almost seemed like she was straining a bit, I couldn't tell. And was digging at the ground. I don't remember her doing that last time but she stopped when I took her out. Her belly is soft but her vent seems...bulging.? She's walking around and looking at us and her belly and vent are soft and stuff, so I imagine she's okay.? Does anyone have any better idea.?
@AHBD would be the person to ask.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She might have another few to lay. Put her in some lukewarm water and it might help her push one out. It's not uncommon for this to happen.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She might have another few to lay. Put her in some lukewarm water and it might help her push one out. It's not uncommon for this to happen.
She's kinda acting normal. She ate a little, nothing compared to how she used to eat when she'd lay. She's still scratching a lot to get out and digging, but she is basking some. She laid 24 and her typical is 27 to 32 eggs per lay.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree with AHBD, she could have more eggs to lay, so it's somewhat common for them to lay the
majority of eggs & then a few afterwards. She is probably dragging her legs around, because she
has a few more left. I hope she can get the rest out if that is what is going on.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

I agree with AHBD, she could have more eggs to lay, so it's somewhat common for them to lay the
majority of eggs & then a few afterwards. She is probably dragging her legs around, because she
has a few more left. I hope she can get the rest out if that is what is going on.

Tracie
She ended up laying one more later that day, 25 in total. Which is a few less than normal but okay, I guess. She's not digging and scratching anymore and actually basking but she's not devouring every bit of food like she'd usually do, which I'm a little concerned about. I dunno, I might be just paranoid. Usually, a day or so after laying, when she's slept it off, she'll eat and eat and eat and eat. But this time, she'll only eat a few worms or only one big dubia. But at least she's basking, I suppose.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh geez, so 25 in total. That is a good sized
clutch, I'm sure she is worn out now.
So she isn't digging or scratching right now?
I guess she is probably finished laying. Does
she seem tired? I'm glad to hear she is basking even if she isn't eating a whole lot so
far. Definitely keep an eye on her weight to be
sure she isn't losing weight now.
Give her a bit of time to rest & hopefully her
appetite will improve here real soon.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

Oh geez, so 25 in total. That is a good sized
clutch, I'm sure she is worn out now.
So she isn't digging or scratching right now?
I guess she is probably finished laying. Does
she seem tired? I'm glad to hear she is basking even if she isn't eating a whole lot so
far. Definitely keep an eye on her weight to be
sure she isn't losing weight now.
Give her a bit of time to rest & hopefully her
appetite will improve here real soon.

Tracie
Generally, it's several weeks of digging and scratching, then she lays up to 32 eggs, sleeps the majority of two days and devours everything. But this time, only 25 eggs, slept a little and isn't eating a whole bunch, maybe 7 or 10 superworms, which is way less than than she usually does after laying

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a little difference in behavior. Does she seem more tired than usual after laying?
If this continues & her appetite doesn't pick up here pretty soon, you may want to get her to the vet
to be sure she hasn't retained a few eggs or if something else is going on.
Her beard is normal color right now?

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

That is a little difference in behavior. Does she seem more tired than usual after laying?
If this continues & her appetite doesn't pick up here pretty soon, you may want to get her to the vet
to be sure she hasn't retained a few eggs or if something else is going on.
Her beard is normal color right now?

Tracie
Yeah, her beard doesn't ever really get black, maybe like a stripe of black across her chin. She ate more yesterday, 20, maybe more. She's been loafing but she's always been mildly lazy and chill. But when we get her out, she'll run around the bed and stuff

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm glad to hear that she finally ate a significant amount. Hopefully she is starting to feel better. Perhaps
this time, it was just a bit more difficult on her for some reason. Be sure to give some extra calcium in case
her reserves might be low.
She should be bouncing back here soon, so let us know how she is doing & keep us updated on her progress.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

I'm glad to hear that she finally ate a significant amount. Hopefully she is starting to feel better. Perhaps
this time, it was just a bit more difficult on her for some reason. Be sure to give some extra calcium in case
her reserves might be low.
She should be bouncing back here soon, so let us know how she is doing & keep us updated on her progress.

Tracie
Man, I hope she's done with the eggs. This is like her 5th or 6th clutch this year. Every 6 weeks like clockwork, where as our 2 year old hasn't laid a single egg.

She's eating a bit more now, thankfully and acting normal so I'm guessing she was just a little extra tired. She pooped today and jeez I've never seen so much from them before 😳😅

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope she's done with the egg laying also, that is quite a few clutches for the year. Has she always
laid this many? Genetics I guess, because some don't lay any at all. Be sure to give her extra calcium
& vitamins for awhile in case she might be lacking in something.
At least you know she isn't impacted!

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

I hope she's done with the egg laying also, that is quite a few clutches for the year. Has she always
laid this many? Genetics I guess, because some don't lay any at all. Be sure to give her extra calcium
& vitamins for awhile in case she might be lacking in something.
At least you know she isn't impacted!

Tracie
She started in December and since January, it's been every 5ish weeks, she'll lay a clutch of anywhere between 27 and 32 eggs. It's crazy and we really hope she's done because the behavior and not eating is exhausting

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, wow that is quite a lot of egg laying. Poor thing, she has overactive ovaries for sure! I would
say if this continues, you might want to consider getting her spayed so it doesn't take such a huge toll
on her health in the future as she gets older.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom