Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

morphmom

BD.org Addict
BlueDragon09":1ok6ppbs said:
I love when they trip over words!
People at the pet store or bank don't even
know what to say when I bring in my lizard
they're used to dogs and cats.
LOL! :lol: Too cute! My favorite is when I have Myah in the yard and the neighbor children come over to pet her while the parents stand 5 feet away and look as though I've brought out an 10' alligator! LOL! :lol: I really am "The lizard lady" of our small town. On the plus side I've been able to educate the younger generation. My generation however, seems to be a lost cause. :roll: "Beware fellow parents!" "You might get snuggled or sexy legged to death!" LOL! :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Yeah the old lady up the hill doesn't even know what to say I got a leash on a lizard and she stares at me so strangely as if
I'm blind to see that's not a dog I have a leash on and I just stand there with this lizard on a leash. Oh I love the world and its
silly people that don't understand.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Well, look at Jango's silly sleepy poses or Vash's wise old face or Myahs love for green salads. Truely ferocious beasts! LOL! :lol: I HATE spiders. I mean hate the little bums, but I still take the opportunity to look at them extra close in the shop because all creatures are quite amazing in their own way and someone is going to hold that giant spider the same way we hold our scaled babies and love it. Pretty hard to tell them they're wrong for cuddling eight fuzzy legs instead of four spikey ones. :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I have a few spiders downstairs that I take care of but I won't snuggle them as some are poisonous and I keep those
in their tanks, I JUST love to research spiders I even have a laptop downstairs I have my own research lab :D
Jango is a cutie, Vash well, yes wise old man but he's been put down to brumation...gah he'll wake up for x-mas then down
again til March.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We have new neighbors next door and they have a 6 year old daughter.. Nathan was out playing on his trampoline last week and I had Jango out with us and Jango was running around the outside of the trampoline on his leash and I heard the girl tell her daddy to look and then asked what it was.. I heard him say " it's a gecko or something".. I didn't say anything to him because they seem like the type that don't care to talk to anyone.. so I just laughed to myself. As for spiders.. I HATE them as well.. but im getting better about being around them since I had my son.. i'm trying to not make him afraid of them but he is afraid of them some but not as much as I am.. I just don't try to show it.. because when he was younger he was afraid of everything and i'm trying to show him that not everything is so scary.

We had chicken yesterday for supper and I decided to give Jango just alittle piece to see if he'd eat it or not.. (I know it's a questionable thing) It was well cooked and everything so I don't see what it would hurt.. he loved it! he wanted more so I gave him about 4 more of "his" bite size pieces and he gobbled it up like there was no tomorrow and looked at me for more but I didn't give him anymore.. I told him that was a treat and he don't get it all the time.. he gave me the stink eye and climbed up on his basking log and wouldn't look at me.. LOL.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Don't feel bad I gave Vash some chicken about 2 weeks ago he loved it as well.
I know almost everyone hates spiders but I release them once I'm finished with them
for some reason I have a fascination with them. Yeah I heard people call my dragon an
iguana or gecko xD

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":lx0nkouz said:
We had chicken yesterday for supper and I decided to give Jango just alittle piece to see if he'd eat it or not..
BlueDragon09":lx0nkouz said:
Don't feel bad I gave Vash some chicken about 2 weeks ago he loved it as well.
Guilty. :oops: I gave Myah 3-4 small rounds of cooked chicken heart when I first got her and sure enough, she loved it :roll: That was before I knew about beautiful dragons, food chart. (I really don't feel bad though, it was so small and just a treat :wink: )

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I don't think i'm gonna give him anymore chicken.. the past two days his poo has been runny.. I'm taking it up to be from the chicken.. atleast for now.. since it seems to be right after I've given it to him.

Jango's so spoiled.. I get him out in the morning to sit at the window because the sun comes in and it's nice and warm.. well I let him lay there for about an half hour to hour depending on what I need to do.. well he's starting to want out all the time now.. and if I don't get him out when he wants out he will poop and then run through it.. not sure if he knows that if he does this that I will get him out to get a bath or what.. but he hates baths so not sure if that's the reason.. but needless to say he gets a bath anywhere from once to three times a day lately.

Here are a few more pictures I've taken..

My silly dragon.. 9/9/12
001-10.jpg

comfy? 9/11/12
003-8.jpg

Lovin' the sun 9/11/12
004-7.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":2eb0h3x5 said:
My silly dragon.. 9/9/12
LOL! :lol: Indeed he is! It's wonderful to see such personality! I love the other two photos as well. His eyes are so expressive. "Camera! :shock: "
How long is Jango now?

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":1l1scy65 said:
Aww, I love him staring at the window, mine does that a lot.

yeah, Jango LOVES the window...once there he never wants to leave.. well unless he's in an adventurous mood.. wich is rare.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":1uqhrnfd said:
LOL! :lol: Indeed he is! It's wonderful to see such personality! I love the other two photos as well. His eyes are so expressive. "Camera! :shock: "
How long is Jango now?

LOL.. he hates the camera anymore.. he always gives me "the look" when I get it out... I measured him today at alittle over 15 inches long.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":2hxwmnwg said:
I measured him today at alittle over 15 inches long.
Wow! :D Jango will be Myah's size soon! (17 1/2)
Where did/does the time go!? Your little one is growing up :love5:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":3ez1tdi1 said:
Where did/does the time go!? Your little one is growing up :love5:

Oh I know.. I was just looking at Jango the other day and thinking the same thing! I remember when he was just this little thing I was so afraid to hold because I thought I was gonna hurt him.. 8 months now... and Nathan's gonna be 8 in October.. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday as well.. ugh.. Im getting old.. LOL

Oh.. and nearly forgot.. not sure what Jango does when he eats.. but this is what I seen this morning after he was done eating his breakfast.. 9/12/12
003-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom