Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all, sorry I haven't been around for a few days.. had things to do and such. Nothing really new to talk about.. I've been letting Jango out more to roam around.. I stay close by so he don't get into something he shouldn't.. or go somewhere he shouldn't. It's getting cold here and i'm worried about his temps at night.. Mike won't turn the heat on yet so i'm always getting up in the middle of the night to check his temps.. so far they haven't got below 65.. I figure if it gets too cold I can wrap him up in his blanky for the night, if he'd stay in it that is.. night temp got down into the mid 30's lastnight outside. I keep asking Mike to get him a CHE but he says he don't have the money right now. Not really sure what wattage to get though.. I think I read on here somewhere that at 60 watt should be good for a 40 gal. breeder. Mike says he only can find ones that come in 60 or 150 watts. What do you guys think?

Here are some pictures..
Jango eating.. looks like he's smiling 9/19/12
004-10.jpg

He wanted out for the longest time.. when I finally had time to get to him this is how I found him.. 9/20/12
017-2.jpg

Out for an adventure..(coming out from under our coffee table in the livingroom) 9/21/12
003-11.jpg

Couldn't find him at bedtime.. this is how I found him, sleeping on his side between the glass and his log hide 9/22/12
006-9.jpg

(next few pictures go together) 9/23/12
Left Jango out again for another adventure.. this time he decided to climb the lid of his Viv that I had leaning against the shelf under his Viv..
010-7.jpg

climbed over the side bar of the shelf..
011-7.jpg

and onto all his stuff thats on the shelf and to the other side..
012-7.jpg

didn't get a picture of him at the other side.. he decided to dart off the side and I had to go after him.. LOL.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":i95tti4u said:
Not really sure what wattage to get though.. I think I read on here somewhere that at 60 watt should be good for a 40 gal. breeder. Mike says he only can find ones that come in 60 or 150 watts. What do you guys think?
It's really hard to say because everyone's home is a different temp. I have a 100watt CHE and a 40gal tank but it's quite high up because of how the lights are. I would suggest the 100watt or the 60watt and then just adjusting the height of what ever you choose to put under it :wink:
JangoMom":i95tti4u said:
Couldn't find him at bedtime.. this is how I found him, sleeping on his side between the glass and his log hide 9/22/12
Oh, I just LOVE sleepy beardie pics! They're so silly! :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Holly..

Oh and I wanted to mention that I measured him again on Friday and he was 16 inches long!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":354wlmm1 said:
Oh and I wanted to mention that I measured him again on Friday and he was 16 inches long!
16!? :shock: That's great! Myah is only 17 1/2 at 2yrs old. Jango is one healthy little weed! :D

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
morphmom":2llatnln said:
JangoMom":2llatnln said:
Not really sure what wattage to get though.. I think I read on here somewhere that at 60 watt should be good for a 40 gal. breeder. Mike says he only can find ones that come in 60 or 150 watts. What do you guys think?
It's really hard to say because everyone's home is a different temp. I have a 100watt CHE and a 40gal tank but it's quite high up because of how the lights are. I would suggest the 100watt or the 60watt and then just adjusting the height of what ever you choose to put under it :wink:

I would install it with a dimmer switch so that you can dial in the temp that you need. It will also allow you to adjust by the seasons. During the summer my houses ambient temperature is 75F while during the winter the ambient temperature is 65F daytime 60F night time. I also installed a thermostat for when the temperature drops at night.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thanks for the ideas for the CHE everyone :)

The past few days Jango has seemed to slow down.. he hasn't been eating as much..mainly just his crickets and he's been staying in his hide log most of the day lately.. not sure he's going into brumation or what.. mabie just the change in weather? he seems healthy and his poo's have been looking normal. So I haven't really been able to take any pictures.. I have a few from a few days ago.. nothing great though..

I was calling him my little turtle all day because I thought he looked almost like a little turtle in this picture.. the way he was standing in his log.. 9/25/12
002-15.jpg

Just being silly, basking.. 9/27/12
003-12.jpg

004-11.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":2tdxpw6r said:
I was calling him my little turtle all day because I thought he looked almost like a little turtle in this picture.. the way he was standing in his log.. 9/25/12
Awww... :D
He looks so darn proud all the time.
Jango "I braved the darkest forest, found the tallest tree, chopped it down with my bare tail then hollowed it out with my bare claws..." "Why? You might ask..." "Peek-a-boo!" "That's why!" :D
LOL! :laughing6:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":2byy1ngs said:
Jango "I braved the darkest forest, found the tallest tree, chopped it down with my bare tail then hollowed it out with my bare claws..." "Why? You might ask..." "Peek-a-boo!" "That's why!" :D

Love it!! :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Jango is gorgeous. I love the picture of him standing up against his branch. He looks like, this is my branch and you cannot have it. Hes so pretty with his colors.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tonja":82vkiafh said:
Jango is gorgeous. I love the picture of him standing up against his branch. He looks like, this is my branch and you cannot have it. Hes so pretty with his colors.
thank you Tonja :)

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":312b48nw said:
I remember when you first showed pics of him, he was just a baby now look at him, dang he grew up so fast.
I know.. I look at him everyday thinking that same thing.. where does the time go? my baby is now a big boy dragon.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
patrickmb21":1ji5ev4s said:
How old is he and how many inches?

Hi .. Jango is about 9 months old and when I measured him last (a few weeks ago) he was 16 inches long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom