Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":wuwk65s4 said:
Oh I know.. I was just looking at Jango the other day and thinking the same thing! I remember when he was just this little thing I was so afraid to hold because I thought I was gonna hurt him.. 8 months now... and Nathan's gonna be 8 in October.. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday as well.. ugh.. Im getting old.. LOL

Oh.. and nearly forgot.. not sure what Jango does when he eats.. but this is what I seen this morning after he was done eating his breakfast.. 9/12/12

LOL! :lol: I feel old too! My daughter will be 7 in Dec! :shock: I ask her all the time "Where did my tiny baby go?" (Not that she ever was tiny, 8lbs 14onuces!) :laughing6: But then there's Myah, she just turned two and has been such a grumpy bum! The coccidia meds haven't come yet and all she wants is supers! (Not a chance :wink: )

Jango is so silly! The greens I understand but how on earth did he get food smack on top of his head!? LOL! :laughhard:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nathan was 7lbs 7oz when he was born.. Not sure how Jango go that food ontop of his head..but had to get a picture of it.. LOL. I hope Myah's meds come soon *hugs to you both*

I went to Lowe's and got Jango slate for in his Viv.. he has a 40 gal. breeder.. my hubby took measurements from inside the tank.. took those measurements to Lowe's, picked out the slate I wanted (only had 2 kinds) and asked them to cut it.. well finally after waiting for someone to even come back and help me (about 20 to 30 minutes), then have the kid go to cut it, but didn't know the combination on the lock to the on switch, so he had to call someone to come.. then once they got that part done.. they couldn't get the water to run while the saw was on so they messed around with that for about 5 minutes (they had to go get water).. the guy finally cut it.. all in all probably I was there a good hour.. if not longer.. only to bring it home and it doesn't fit!!! it's too big.. I'm gonna have my hubby try to put it in again when he gets up for work tonight.. or mabie in the morning.. if he can't get it .. I have no clue what to do.. will Lowe's cut more off for me if I need it?? ugh!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I remember something like that happening to me and my father.
We were there 3 hours because nobody knew what to do.
Trying to get slate for my dad's tank at work they had an
iguana and the owner of it wanted slate so my dad went to
Lowe's and apparently nobody knew what to do with it.
So yeah I pretty much remember how long they were just
"trying" to figure it out.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":1fwrdr54 said:
I went to Lowe's and got Jango slate for in his Viv.. he has a 40 gal. breeder.. my hubby took measurements from inside the tank.. took those measurements to Lowe's, picked out the slate I wanted (only had 2 kinds) and asked them to cut it.. well finally after waiting for someone to even come back and help me (about 20 to 30 minutes), then have the kid go to cut it, but didn't know the combination on the lock to the on switch, so he had to call someone to come.. then once they got that part done.. they couldn't get the water to run while the saw was on so they messed around with that for about 5 minutes (they had to go get water).. the guy finally cut it.. all in all probably I was there a good hour.. if not longer.. only to bring it home and it doesn't fit!!! it's too big.. I'm gonna have my hubby try to put it in again when he gets up for work tonight.. or mabie in the morning.. if he can't get it .. I have no clue what to do.. will Lowe's cut more off for me if I need it?? ugh!
What!? :shock: That's outrageous! I'd take back the tile and TELL the manager he was going to fix it at no cost and in under 20mins period!
My goodness! Some people's kids! It's so disappointing to get something new only to have it not work. I'm really sorry to read that. My blood's running hot just sitting here! LOL! :lol:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well.. my friend's hubby works at Lowe's (he just wasn't there when I was).. so I asked him about the tile and he said there should be no problem with me taking the tile back and asking to get more cut off (no cost).. he told me to tell them that he said so.. LOL. Jango's light's out for tonight so I'll have to wait to see what Mike says in the morning when he gets home.

Here are a few more pictures of Jango..

Yesterday I left Jango run around the livingroom, I was right behind him the whole time.. until he found my son's old bookbag (now my computer bag).. he decided it was a nice place to go to sleep.. 9/12/12
001-11.jpg

peek-a-boo!
004-8.jpg

Every morning Jango comes down to his log and sits/lays like this.. then puffs his beard and does his little show until I make his breakfast.. except this morning I already had his breakfast in there so I don't know why he was puffing.. LOL 9/13/12
011-6.jpg

I gave him his crickets and he stood like this for about 2 minutes afterwards.. LOL.. 9/13/12
015-9.jpg

016-4.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":17842iag said:
Every morning Jango comes down to his log and sits/lays like this.. then puffs his beard and does his little show until I make his breakfast.. except this morning I already had his breakfast in there so I don't know why he was puffing.. LOL 9/13/12
Aw, beard stretches 8) I think that's my favorite pic. Still love his eyes though, he kinna gets this "I'm gonna open my eyes really wide, so you see me" look. :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I could just sit and watch Jango all day :)

Mike tried to put the slate tile in Jango's Viv this morning and he couldn't get it in either so it needed to be cut smaller.. I was gonna wait until tomorrow to do it because Nathan wants to go see my Mom tomorrow and Lowe's is by my Mom's.. and it's a half hour drive to and a half hour drive back.. but it was just bugging me so bad.. here I got this tile and I can't put it in!.. Ugh!! LOL.. so after Nathan got home from school, we ate supper and we drove to Lowe's to get the slate cut and came back.. it fits!! but it's not snug.. it has some room around the outside of the tiles.. I just hope food and crickets don't get down inbetween alot because I don't plan on taking them out to much.. as Jango's Viv is tempered glass and with the way the top is .. it isn't easy to get them in and out.. don't want to go breaking his Viv. I took a picture but photobucket won't upload them.. keeps giving me error messages.. i'll try again tomorrow before we leave for my Mom's.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":k9pw1ywk said:
I took a picture but photobucket won't upload them.. keeps giving me error messages.. i'll try again tomorrow before we leave for my Mom's.
Aw, more waiting! Sugar! :( It'll be worth it... I guess... :p

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ok.. photobucket wasn't working still this morning so I sent them a message and they got it fixed :blob5: ... so here's some pictures of Jango and his new slate tile..

Jango wasn't too sure about the new flooring at first..9/14/12
001-12.jpg

002-14.jpg

So he slept and drempt about it overnight..(yes this is how he slept)
003-10.jpg

and in the morning he loved it and sexy legged it to death :lol: .. 9/15/12
004-9.jpg

005-12.jpg

006-8.jpg

hope ya'll enjoyed and it was well worth the wait.. LoL

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":wuq95n6y said:
hope ya'll enjoyed and it was well worth the wait.. LoL
It was indeed! :D I have an idea for new flooring for Myah's viv, but not until she's given the all clear :wink:
My goodness Jango! I swear that is the worlds most relaxed BD! He stretches til he can't stretch no more! :laughing6:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":1jhm1c7k said:
I have an idea for new flooring for Myah's viv, but not until she's given the all clear
I'm sure it will be grand :) and I hope her meds get there soon and they help to get rid of it all and fast.

Jango hasn't poo'd for two days so this afternoon I gave him a warm bath and stroked his belly for awhile and it done the job.. he poo'd in his bath :puke: man it was ..bleh! he wasn't too happy with me that I gave him another bath afterwards to make sure he was all clean.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jango hasn't been acting himself for the past 2 days.. I hope he's ok.. Mike won't let me take him to the vet for a check-up.. says he's fine. Just he usually runs around alot and wants out.. the past 2 days he hasn't and he goes into his log hide and lays. He eats still and all.. :( he just seems off to me.

Here a few more pics from the past days..
Jango has some yellow on his face since his last shed.. 9/16/12
001_zps7fa2b4ee.jpg

9/17/12
004_zpsa23c5659.jpg

laying in his hide log.. 9/17/12
006_zpsddfe0f6c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom