Lethargic Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This may be another stupid question but do the actual temps on the warm side matter much as long as i get her basking spot where it needs to be? It seems like a lot of people don't worry about the ambient temps on the warm side and maybe i'm just trying too hard to get everything right and should try to simplify the heating to get it in the right spot.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
What I do is make sure my basking spot is right, once I have that then the ambient I thought they were referring to was the temperature average outside the basking, I may be wrong. Anyways basking good then the furthest spot away from there I try my best to get to the ideal cool side temp, in my case 85 degrees, I think Des is pretty close to that, he is healthy good eater, active, and so forth so I would have to be doing something right. Anyways, he tends to sit near his basking spot but kinda behind a part of his perch, hard to explain easy to show ---->
SAM_0285.jpg

SAM_0284.jpg

Keep in mind he is bigger now kind of older pictures, well old for a BD! :D

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":p2xh5cv8 said:
What I do is make sure my basking spot is right, once I have that then the ambient I thought they were referring to was the temperature average outside the basking, I may be wrong. Anyways basking good then the furthest spot away from there I try my best to get to the ideal cool side temp, in my case 85 degrees.
Okay so what you're saying is worry about basking temp and "cool side" temp?
Des is such a cute little bugger by the way lol.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Thats what I have been doing if the basking temp it 105 then there is a circumference around that, after the middle of the circumference the temps start to diminish if your cool side is at 85, then there has to be a gradient in between. The larger the tank the better the gradient. Think about it like that right, so set your basking temp to the appropriate temp then measure your cool side if that temp is accurate as well then you have done a great job. :D
Des and I thank you BTW.
I just posted an update w/ photos
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=135899
I just took all the pictures, then put them all to bed LOL, they was kind of like "WTF?" 8)

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sadly she didn't use the bathroom before I left for work so no fecal today. Hopefully tomorrow! Picked up a smaller wattage bulb that seems to have done the trick for her temps but as always time will tell.

getrdone52

You should put a towel on the bottom of her cage as substrate. I use it and it works good. And all you have to do is take it out and wash the towel.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The results are in!
It's pinworms and the vet gave me panacur (.15ml every day for a week) Is there anything else I should do or look out for? Also any tips on how to get her to take it would be much appreciated such as can I give it to her with food? She loves the beardie bites and I might be able to trick her into taking it that way. Also from what I've read I should give her a probotic? What exactly should I get and where can I get it?

Also not quite sure on the dosage and I really don't want to over medicate her , I've read only once a week for a few weeks did I just misunderstand my vet or was he possibly wrong?

Edit: I've taken out and thrown away her repti-carpet and she's on paper towel right now until i get tile. I'm going to soak and bake her wood stuff and rock tomorrow any suggestions on how to sanitize the tank itself?

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":3v5ozq2e said:
Thank you
Her colors are very dark :( I've heard the medicine can be rough on them so she's probably stressed. I picked her up and held her for a bit and she lightened back up but after being back in her cage for a bit she's dark again. Ended up PM'ing both mods you said might be able to help and i'm going to wait to give her more till one of them responds.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I answered your pm. I also wanted to mention that you should start the probiotics right away. You can use soy yogurt (non-dairy) that comes in different fruit flavors, Acidophilus, or Benebac. Since all antibiotics are drying, it would be a good idea to offer oral fluids and give daily baths to make sure your beardie is kept well hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom