Lethargic Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
This is what beardies to thermo regulate....its normal...make sure temps are not too hot...they do this also if they over heat.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MALIBUSMOM":2dym52hq said:
This is what beardies to thermo regulate....its normal...make sure temps are not too hot...they do this also if they over heat.
I've been fussing with her temps and I think I've got them straight. I'm starting to think maybe she's just being a lazy bum now. She moves like the wind for food but other than that she just kinda hangs out. She seems to be doing a lot better so I've been able to de-stress a little bit.
I think the real issue is I've been having to work 2-10pm so I haven't been able to check up on her a lot which has been causing me to freak out and ask a million questions so thank you guys for helping lol.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I know exactly how you feel I am gone from 5am-5pm when I goto work and they are here all alone. I deal with it by taking pictures and recording movies every chance I get. :wink:

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well she's still doing pretty good but I have another question. Yesterday i got her a half-log so she could have a hide and i put it over on her cool side of the tank. She's OBSESSED with this log now and most of the time she's just sitting on it over on the cool side. Should I worry that I haven't seen her bask or is this ok? The weird thing is she was never interested in the cool side of the cage at all until now.

Edit: Of course as I post this she runs over to the warm side of her cage and just sits there looking at me.
facepalm.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
LOL figures huh, I wouldn't worry too much about it since she is still getting UV from the new bulb on her cool side yeah? How hot is her basking temps?

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":2zdlf6kp said:
LOL figures huh, I wouldn't worry too much about it since she is still getting UV from the new bulb on her cool side yeah? How hot is her basking temps?
It's between 105 and 108 right now ambient on her warm side is 90. Should I try to bring her basking spot temps down?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Chrismcnicholas":25h4sq96 said:
Beardednoob":25h4sq96 said:
It's between 105 and 108 right now ambient on her warm side is 90. Should I try to bring her basking spot temps down?

Some not a whole lot as bearded dragons get older their basking temps drop down from when they were hatch-lings/juveniles, I would adjust slightly to make the max temp in her basking at about 105 but, not really off by too much. I just want to tell you, you are doing such a great job for her, I am very happy she has such a good slave, as yourself.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":207xgz63 said:
Chrismcnicholas":207xgz63 said:
Beardednoob":207xgz63 said:

Some not a whole lot as bearded dragons get older their basking temps drop down from when they were hatch-lings/juveniles, I would adjust slightly to make the max temp in her basking at about 105 but, not really off by too much. I just want to tell you, you are doing such a great job for her, I am very happy she has such a good slave, as yourself.
I appreciate it very much :)
sheilat.jpg

She is queen of the log and I am but her humble servant :p

Little update on her poo, the last 2 days it's been half weird half normal. I'm going to give it a few more days before I think it's anything but a change in diet.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Chrismcnicholas":raqwa6t3 said:
Edit: Of course as I post this she runs over to the warm side of her cage and just sits there looking at me.
she knew you were talking about her ;-)

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Looks like her basking spot went all the way up to 110. Right now i'm using a 50w halogen to heat the basking spot. Any suggestions on how to bring it down 5 degrees?

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":11yik61a said:
LOL you gave her scissors? JK.. She is a pretty girl. :wink:
Funny thing about that, we have cardboard on the back of her cage so we don't bug her if we go into the kitchen and we couldn't find the scissors, we have now! hehe

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
I have my lamp hanging from a curtain rod with the cord wrapped around a zillion times. To raise the light I pull on the power strip. Reverse to raise. :mrgreen:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
LilStinkpot":2dgszcn9 said:
I have my lamp hanging from a curtain rod with the cord wrapped around a zillion times. To raise the light I pull on the power strip. Reverse to raise. :mrgreen:
I am actually gonna come up with something to help with this issue as I haven't seen anything to do so anywhere. :study:

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Dur! I also just thought of my other neat trick. Halogen lamps can be dimmed, I think up to about 80% full power, without too many side effects. (Any lower and they die sooner)

Flukers has a dimmable clamp lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom