Lethargic Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I brought the lamp up a bit and it did lower it a little.
Looks like she's got it figured out for now though
sheilau.jpg

Had to go to work but i'll get it sorted out soon!

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well her poo still isn't well formed. The urates look perfect but the rest is mush, dragon poop pictures time.
poon.jpg

She still seems to favor the cooler side of her cage although the temps haven't changed that much. I've heard that this kind of poo can be caused by not getting the right temperatures to digest but i'm not sure what to do since she seems to be boycotting her basking spot.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Hmm....She looks beautiful..her poo,,,not so much :)
How many crickets is she eating?Are they live?Sorry if this is a repeat question.
Also what kind of greens and or fruit?

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MALIBUSMOM":1gpetjkp said:
Hmm....She looks beautiful..her poo,,,not so much :)
How many crickets is she eating?Are they live?Sorry if this is a repeat question.
Also what kind of greens and or fruit?
She's eating at least 12 a day and they are live. The only greens I've been able to get her to eat are mustard greens mixed with the bearded dragon bites.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Stopped at home on my lunch break to check on her and she was under her log in her sleeping spot just sitting there with her eyes open. Picked her up to make sure she was doing ok which she seemed to be and I set her back in her basking area. She sat there for a bit and last i checked she was sitting next to her basking rock on the warm side of her cage.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MALIBUSMOM":2wi764ad said:
How long has she been on the beardie bites?Maybe theyare not agreeing w/ her digestive system.
She's been on them for a long time now, I don't think that's the issue as she ate those even before i could get her to eat her greens. For the longest time all she would eat was crickets and the bearded dragon bites and her poo was always solid. Just recently she's started nibbling at the greens and the past 3-4 days her poo has been like this. Maybe she's eating too much of the bites now though? I know they contain a lot of moisture (78% apparently). I'll cut them back a bit the next few days and she how she does. Could it be the mustard greens though or even still a change in diet? Should I try something different and if so what would you recommend?

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm going to go ahead and take a fecal to her vet in the next few days to see what's up. I think it might be a parasite at this point. Poor thing had to deal with calcium deficiency and now this :cry:

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I feed Malibu Olivias Organic Spring Mix ....she has a solid poo and seems to love the mix....it come it a plastic tupperware or a bag.I stick a paertowel in there and it last longer.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay so I've realized the halogen bulb (50w) actually ends up heating her basking spot to about 112-115. Would switching to an incandescent bulb lower the temps a bit? This may seem like a dumb question but I honestly don't know.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gimmexthexloot":g5ff29pz said:
Try moving the light away from the basking spot
It's as far away as it can get at the moment. I use a che almost 24/7 because of the fact that it's cold in my apartment and she's in a 120 gallon tank if I don't the temps are too cold for her.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
You can either distance the bulb thats there now or switch. If you switched you could hook it up to a dimmer, and regulate the intensity of the light rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom