LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Those are really interesting....:headbang:

Sorry that you are still having issues sleeping :( ...so did posting those do the trick and wake you up? :)

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie osk":3415iefy said:
Oh wow, I wouldn't know how to begin to do that with a camera, or even understand how, great pics................what happened to your nature thread?

The off topic forum works differently than the others apparently; Inactive threads aren't locked, but deleted.

Thanks for the comments. :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Try some camomile tea about 1/2 hr before bedtime, it's a natural relaxer so can help you sleep. Not getting enough sleep just makes you tired, as you've noted. I just loved the pics you took, amazing, you're a very talented photographer. I also loved the close ups of LG, she's a beautiful beardie, has lovely coloured scales, especially from close up.

Hope you sleep better
Deb

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2js888zf said:
Try some camomile tea about 1/2 hr before bedtime, it's a natural relaxer so can help you sleep. Not getting enough sleep just makes you tired, as you've noted. I just loved the pics you took, amazing, you're a very talented photographer. I also loved the close ups of LG, she's a beautiful beardie, has lovely coloured scales, especially from close up.

Hope you sleep better
Deb

Yeah, I've always been a bad sleeper, but ever since my dad's death I've just had a hard time with nightmares. I'll try the tea.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Took another late night/early morning walk, this time I went a little further in an attempt to get better pictures; Took a hike up into the hills near my house for some 15 second exposures:

IMG_0013xxx.jpg

IMG_0013xxxcrop.jpg

The constellation Orion over the city of LA(taken apprx 1:30am PST):

IMG_0119xxx.jpg

IMG_0119xxxfreewaycrop.jpg

The Big Dipper over a power tower(taken apprx same time as above photo):

IMG_0126x-2.jpg

IMG_0126xcrop-1.jpg

Here is a cool freeway shot; Too bad the camera wasn't to the right just a bit more... Looks like we missed something cool over there with the freeway's offramp:

IMG_0053xcrop.jpg

OK, well that's it for now. I only got two hours of sleep before becoming stuck awake again... Gonna try and lay back down, see if I can't calm my mind enough to get some solid sleep...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, those are really cool pictures of the night scene! Though not being able to sleep sucks, at least you put it to good use :wink: Thanks!

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Awesome pics :). If you can't sleep at night maybe reading will help. It always helps me, even if I'm in school :/. I'm sorry to hear about your nightmares too :(.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
This picture was taken yesterday morning with the others; A light blue LED flashlight was used to create the streaks, as well as a transluscent red cap to filter in the(pink) light;

If you are wondering where this was shot, the photo was taken at a nearby continuation school... The shiny floors, walls and rails made for an excellent backdrop for the lightshow(me, waving the flashlight):

IMG_0153xx.jpg

Next, I used the photo in a color splash(creating a hybrid color/black & white photo), removing only the blues:

IMG_0153xxcscrop.jpg

This photo was taken at the same school; I saw the playground and instantly thought of this shot... I couldn't help myself from setting the camera up and running the course with the flashlight:

IMG_0145xps.jpg

IMG_0145xpscrop.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh my, I don't understand how you do this but its cool..........isn't there some kind of career that would call for something like this or a place where you could sell your pics? Really nice, thanks for posting.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie osk":1on6pa61 said:
Oh my, I don't understand how you do this but its cool..........isn't there some kind of career that would call for something like this or a place where you could sell your pics? Really nice, thanks for posting.

Thanks; I've been looking for work as an amateur photog, but so far just little gigs here and there.

These photos where created at night. Usually a night time image comes out black with very little detail, because the shutter is only open for a split second, letting in only a split second's worth of light... My "long exposure" photographs are open to the light for 15 full seconds, so instead of a "ca-chick" sound from the camera, I get a, "ca. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . chick", meaning the camera opened it's iris for 15 seconds then closed it to expose.

Pretty fun stuff. The streaks of light are created with a simple flashlight, held in my hand as I run or walk through the image. I don't appear, because I keep the flashlight pointed away from me, and the moonlight isn't strong enough to register me in that short a time, especially if I'm moving.

Thanks for taking a look.

LG is looking more alert today, looks like she might come out and bask. I always turn on her lights in the day, even if she's not actively using them. I don't want to just turn off her cage like she's not there(as my mom would have me do to save $).

I'll take some pictures of her a little later. :wink:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I didn't expect an explanation, but thanks for it.......I hope you have a portfolio going so when you job interview you can show your work. You have a good eye, so continue to press on even if it seems like no one is hiring.

Glad to read about LG being more alert, I always toy with lights out or on during brumation, but I just can't shut them off.....it's really cold here.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie osk":2jqc6hiy said:
I didn't expect an explanation, but thanks for it.......I hope you have a portfolio going so when you job interview you can show your work. You have a good eye, so continue to press on even if it seems like no one is hiring.

Glad to read about LG being more alert, I always toy with lights out or on during brumation, but I just can't shut them off.....it's really cold here.

No portfolio... Actually, since it's a digital camera, I've enever printed off any of my photographs, ever. It's free to take the pictures, but it costs money to develop them. I could make a photobook at Kinkos but it would cost my entire paycheck.

I am trying to work out a deal with a local business owner to let me use his jumbo printer in exchange for my photography; He can make prints that are 3 feet by 2 feet, that would cost 40-70 dollars in a kinkos.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie osk":2o7t2721 said:
Too bad, seems like you'll be giving your work away free, hopefully something will work out in your favor.

Know any art dealers?

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry to hear that you still can't sleep but the plus for us at least (lol) is that the artwork is beautiful. Hopefully the sleep will come soon for you. I know the frustration of not sleeping and it does get to you after a while. I went through it for a period. It will end soon I pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom