LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Happy Belated Birthday, Jason. I know it's hard to not get cards from relatives who always sent something before. I'm glad you had a relaxing day. That's what birthdays are for.

I really enjoyed LG's video, she's eating really well. What about greens & veggies, is she eating those, too?

You're keeping really good care of her. I'm glad she has you!

Take care from my family to you
Deb, Rgoer, Sweetie, Lonzo, Leo, Didi and Rubio

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Happy belated Birthday !!

I loved seeing the new pics from LG - she looks like she is feeling pretty good. Thanks for sharing the pics.. I always love to see updates from you and LG !!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Had a very bad seizure today; Bit the side of my tongue super hard and lost a few taste buds on the tip...

I remember coming out of the bathroom and that's it. Next thing I know I'm waking up in a bed with medical people standing all around me, asking me questions like "who is the president"(It took me 2 minutes to get it right, first I said Clinton then Bush, finally I said Obama and they left me alone)...

I refued transportation, and thank god I did, because it would have cost over 500 dollars just for the ride.

Apparently I went down behind the door. My mom saw the dog scatching at the door and then she heard the door shaking. She try to push it open but I was on the ground right in front of the door and blocking it(I weigh about 225lbs)... She poked her head in and saw me convulsing on the ground, spasming up and down all over, almost jumping off the ground she said. My eyes were rolled back and I was making this gargling noise apparently.

I don't remember one bit of this, but I definitely believe her, because I have a half hour missing from my memory. We were going to breakfast with the family, so I remember the time it was when I came out of the bathroom....

Man that was a bad one. My whole body still hurts, but mostly on my left side; I'm guessing that's the side I fell on when I hit the floor... At least I didn't hit a corner or a hard surface. Heck, I could have fallen and broken my neck or bitten my tongue clean off... I guess we're going to LA County hospital tomorrow for an EEG and some tests. Crap, I can't even estimate how rediculously expensive this is going to be since I have no insurance.... Good ol' America, were you have to be wealthy to be well.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
OMG, Jason. :shock: Glad you weren't hurt seriously! Has anything like this happened before? We will be praying for you even more now. Hope all goes well with the EEG. LG needs you well buddy! :D
As for cost, my dh spent 24 years in the Air Force. Our "free" medical cost us a monthly fee and has a huge deductable. Getting sick costs us all. The system stinks on ice.

Robert, please un-lock your caps. It's like you are shouting at us. Other than that welcome to the site. We all love LG, she's quite a trooper. Do you have a beardie?

Sandy H

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh gosh, how scary that must've been for your mom to see, but even scarier for you to go through. But I'm glad that you weren't badly hurt during the seizures, especially since you were in the bathroom.
Like Sandy said, please take care of yourself because LG needs her daddy.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Just got back a short while ago from LA County emergency... Not so bad until you consider I went in yesterday afternoon!

I was waiting in different chairs for 13 hours before they gave me a bed; Then they just stuck me full of needles and drew blood... With all the pain and noise there was no sleeping.

Here I am, coming up on 30 hours with 0 sleep... I am a zombie... Or a cyborg:

0308010639.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh my goodness Jason, what a lot to have to go through and it must have been so scary for you and your family. Glad that you are pretty much ok, certainly could have been much worse. A very good thing that you weren't home alone when you had your seizure! Thinking of you and hope you feel better real soon.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Looks like I'm going to have a permenant protuberance coming off the side of my tongue where I bit it. It's like scar tissue, but on my tongue, where it scrapes my teeth every time I speak or swallow...

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Gosh, Jason. I figure that has to be annoying. I'm sure you'll get used to it in time. I hope the Dr's find out what caused that seizure.
Did they have anything to say about the tests they ran?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No word back about the tests.

Actually, as far as they can tell from what's come back, I'm healthy. I need to go back in a week or so and have blood taken to see if they need to up the dosage on the meds they're giving me.

The seizures, they said, could be coming from any number of things. Sometimes developmental challanges can bring them on, or other outside influences. Other times, they said it can be a simple short circuit in the brain, naturally occuring. Sometimes genes can have an influence.

Anyhow, I can finally eat solid food. had a couple good meals today, that was pretty awesome. Honestly, I'm just glad to be out of the county hospital...

Will try to do a feeding vid tomorrow, or at least some pics. Lately I've been out of it, but I'll try to get back on top of things...

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Here are those feeding pictures I promised:

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3593x.jpg

IMG_3610x.jpg

IMG_3601x.jpg

IMG_3646x.jpg

IMG_3624x.jpg

IMG_3642x.jpg

IMG_3643x.jpg

OK, well that's it for now. I will try to get more up soon.

P.S. The name of the seizure medication they have me on is called ZONISAMIDE... I don't know much about it, if anyone else does I'd love to hear more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom