Limping left front leg

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Ha ha, she's giving you the side eye ! But yeah, she is quite a bit overweight so try to reduce her feedings and restrict the insects mostly. Maybe just a few medium ones 1-2 X a week for a while.
She hasn’t had insects for four days.
She didn’t look like this a month ago. This is what made me think she was gravid…. there might be something else going on?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today? Has her beard been dark at all?
It is possible they missed eggs that were developing, but they did an ultrasound, right?
You could get a bloodtest done on her to be sure nothing else is going on with her.

Tracie

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
They did do an ultrasound. Not one for the organs.
Here are pics…. And yeah, I gave her mealworms in her salad. Put multivitamin in her water. Still waiting for blueberries to come out
IMG_4393.jpeg

And I’m pretty sure where they got the idea for “How To Train Your Dragon”. 🤣
IMG_4392.jpeg

Last edited:

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
I took outside . Get real uv .
I let her run around. Peed some… not much bm.
I put her in maybe a dig box ???? She stayed static.
She seemed to like the warm dirt.
Now she’s supposed to go to sleep and digging. Just not in dig box….
IMG_4395.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Put more substrate in the box and pile it, packed down, on one end of the box. Then start a cave tunnel by hand and she may go in there to dig more.

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Put more substrate in the box and pile it, packed down, on one end of the box. Then start a cave tunnel by hand and she may go in there to dig more.
How much. It seems she ok with heated water in it.
Pack it down?
Anyway it’s outside her enclosure. So I have to take her there.

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Thanks tomorrow. Lights off for tonight.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just a little more so it's deep enough to potentially make a tunnel. Pack it higher on one side so you + she can dig a hole in the side.

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Ok…. Still eating bugs a few greens. The black is that she’s mad she isn’t getting her “daily” supply of worms.
I deep cleaned her habitat, rearrange her hotspot - seems she likes to be across is when she’s laying and watch binge-watching. Gave her a bath. I want to do that more often. She squirms much at first. Then settles and likes it.

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Just a little more so it's deep enough to potentially make a tunnel. Pack it higher on one side so you + she can dig a hole in the side.
On another note for everyone. I tried to Rico proof my living room with what I have.
Almost succeeded….. I had big framed pictures blocking the kitchen. Books blocking the couch, behind the couch, every nook and cranny. She was soooo frustrated. Kept “nosing” the books until she found one that fell 😂
At that point I put her back in enclosure. She immediately walked all over her greens and went into hide….
I just want to keep her in living room. Apparently she doesn’t like to “defecate” in enclosure anymore….
There has to be a better way to block places she can hide.
I remember my first one hid for two days before I found him in my bedroom closet!!!
I need to right a book about my experiences lol.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good luck getting the laybox all setup. As AHBD suggested, making it deeper to where a nice tunnel
or burrow can really help out. Keep us posted on your girl!

Tracie

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
I don’t even know how to do the dig box. Even with these pointers, I’m afraid it’s going to collapse.
Next thing…. I let her out about an hour. She got some exercise. She had a nice white and orange beard coloring, put her back in enclosure. Spotted black beard. She took water so I gave additional water with the powder vitamin and she took that. Then plain water again.
The label is confusing to me on how much to give. Especially when I have to give by syringe.
I don’t want to give her too much.

What does it mean if there’s a little black here and there? Not fully black.

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
On another note for everyone. I tried to Rico proof my living room with what I have.
Almost succeeded….. I had big framed pictures blocking the kitchen. Books blocking the couch, behind the couch, every nook and cranny. She was soooo frustrated. Kept “nosing” the books until she found one that fell 😂
At that point I put her back in enclosure. She immediately walked all over her greens and went into hide….
I just want to keep her in living room. Apparently she doesn’t like to “defecate” in enclosure anymore….
There has to be a better way to block places she can hide.
I remember my first one hid for two days before I found him in my bedroom closet!!!
I need to right a book about my experiences lol.
Hello,

Good luck getting the laybox all setup. As AHBD suggested, making it deeper to where a nice tunnel
or burrow can really help out. Keep us posted on your girl!

Tracie
Hi, Tracie.

I’m still having trouble with her. I let her be in hide while I was at work today. It’s a humid and extreme temp week for Ohio. I got her out for about 2 hours. She ate a couple greens and went back in. She’ll take water with syringe. Give multivitamin one first and plain water the second because most of the time she takes it.

I dont have cooling, but place stays around 75 when it’s 90 and humid, if I keep place closed up and ceiling fan on. I raised the basking lamp.

I just can’t figure her out.
I guess might have to do a full ultrasound to see what might be happening? Or another blood test.. or just let her sleep.

Sometimes she’s darker than normal. Sometimes she’s fine color.

I guess she gets horn and mealworms tomorrow so she eats something.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If she still has not laid or isn't showing any
signs of digging or egg laying behavior you
could get another ultrasound to see if there
is anything that could be going on.
If her beard isn't dark or she isn't acting like
she's in pain or distress, perhaps she is
reabsorbing any eggs that she has developed.
Do be sure that she isn't getting overheated,
& can get cooled off if needed. I realize during
the summertime, it does make it harder to keep
the temperatures where they need to be.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Hello Everyone!
So, I’ve been mixing collard greens and bok choy. She picked at it. Night before last I was syringing a little water. Decided to try to hand feed her. The little bugger ate about 20 or so good sized pieces! Usually she shakes her head and doesn’t take then when I try to stick a piece between her lips. This time I withheld bugs long enough that I think she was beginning to realize she needs to eat. And I was giving her quality holding time.
Last night I gave a bunch of mealworms and a couple hornworms as I also noticed as I was at work she did eat some greens.
Today I noticed she’s started to shed around her eyes and lips.
Another cool thing is that she has been coming out of her hide shortly after her lights go on - ALL BY HERSELF! Even when I have a day off and not up at 5am. I get up around 7:30 and she’s on her basking looking at me.
Just thought I’d post something positive.
Kind of think this might help others get through adoption issues…
Can I close this one and post helpful things I’ve done to get her this far (uh, not without all of you guys help).

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbipetty
Top Bottom