My beardie is dying:( please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi,
Just checking in....................., any poop yet? I have one boy who has a difficult time going as well, the olive oil works like a gem, I added it with daily babyfood in a syringe until he finally poops, along with the baths and massage...........Hopefully, you'll get results soon.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
When I'm trying to get Lilly to poop, I do whatever I can to make her move around in the tub. A lot of times moving will stimulate a bowel movement. I have also learned that the nicer the clothes you wear, the more likely it is your beardie will poop on them :roll: .

Thumbellina

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I massaged her in the bath and fed her baby food with olive oil. And she ran around in the bath!!!!! She tired herself out and has nussled herself into my shirt and is asleep

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Do you have any type of microwaveable heating pad (not the kind you plug in) like a rice sock that you could warm (not hot) wrap in a towel, and put her on while she sleeps? I would think that keeping her warm would help with the impaction, but I don't know for sure. I would imagine a plug-in heating pad would work as long as you stayed right with her and made sure it didn't get too hot. To answer previous questions: there is an article about telling the sex here: http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/. And you can put in a "toy" like a stuffed animal, just make sure it is clean and there are no small parts that your beardie could tear off and choke on. Be aware that babies will often poop on their toys. My beardie likes to sleep with a teddy bear and blanket at night, but she is a tad bit spoiled lol.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Good Idea Sara!Yes indeed a rice sock or a human heat pad would help indeed.I prefer the rice sock as you can wrap her up and put her to bed that way.It really will go a long way in helping to move things along!

Thumbellina

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm scared to use a rice sock because when she first got sick I had her one and she had seizures so I'm worried it will make that happen..... I have been keeping her in or on my shirt and under a blanket.. Okay thank u guys

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thumbellina":fc210 said:
I'm scared to use a rice sock because when she first got sick I had her one and she had seizures so I'm worried it will make that happen..... I have been keeping her in or on my shirt and under a blanket.. Okay thank u guys
No sweetie trust me it wasnt the rice sock.Its safe to go ahead and use.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thumbellina":5594a said:
Okay. I am just worried.... I don't want to see that happen again
I know but a rice sock wont harm her it can only help her just make sure it isnt too hot.

Thumbellina

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OkayI will do that right when I get home from dinner... I never want to see her have another seizure again. It was the most awful feeling watching her do that not being able to do anything

Thumbellina

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm just glad she's alive... She is asleep down my shirt right now. I have a blanket on top of her and she is warm.
I'm pretty sure my thumbellina is a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom