You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
.... you wonder why on EARTH does everyone in your class at school think you're so abnormal because you post pictures of your dragons on the internet, in abundance? :roll:

Nobody in school shares my natural affinity for cold-blooded critters, so I'm the "weird girl". :dontknow: Oh well! If having lizards make me weird, then I'm weird!! :mrgreen:

Imagine what they'd think if they knew I shared my food and slept with my girls.... :laughing6:

Jacqui

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
jacqui778":9aaba said:
.... you wonder why on EARTH does everyone in your class at school think you're so abnormal because you post pictures of your dragons on the internet, in abundance? :roll:

Nobody in school shares my natural affinity for cold-blooded critters, so I'm the "weird girl". :dontknow: Oh well! If having lizards make me weird, then I'm weird!! :mrgreen:

Imagine what they'd think if they knew I shared my food and slept with my girls.... :laughing6:

Jacqui

Oh Jacqui I am so with you, except I'm the "weird girl" at work :lol: They do humor me and look at the pics and sometimes they even say awww but I can HEAR their eyes rolling when I turn around

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
jacqui778":5f535 said:

Jacqui

Aren't you worried about crushing them in you're sleep? I mean I do not even really move in my sleep and I would be too afraid to sleep with even a 6 foot iguana in my bed in fear I would crush the poor animal in my sleep. Not to mention I would be afraid the beardie while I was sleeping would take off on me.

I lost a beardie for a month and that was not fun. Thought he was dead but it turns out he was in a pile of coats.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
not gonna happen. Trust me. Jacqui's one of the best beardie slaves I know and I've learned lots from her!

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
dna14":c1d66 said:
not gonna happen. Trust me. Jacqui's one of the best beardie slaves I know and I've learned lots from her!

But what if the beardie poos in the bed :bleick: :puke:

Backlash

Hatchling Member
jacqui778":90957 said:
so I'm the "weird girl". :dontknow: Oh well! If having lizards make me weird, then I'm weird!! :mrgreen:

Jacqui

Hahaha, but being weird is so much fun! being normal and "fitting in" is boring!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
they come stomping through your livingroom, throw you a dirty look and YOU apologise to them for their bad tempers.

I'm joining the club with the "weird girl". They can't figure out why I don't like babies or puppies, but I would happily snuggle up to a spiky reptile and call them cute. (Anyway - small children have creepy, clammy hands, like freshly dead starfish. Sorry to all the parents out there!)

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
ghr15":972da said:
jacqui778":972da said:

Jacqui

Aren't you worried about crushing them in you're sleep? I mean I do not even really move in my sleep and I would be too afraid to sleep with even a 6 foot iguana in my bed in fear I would crush the poor animal in my sleep. Not to mention I would be afraid the beardie while I was sleeping would take off on me.

I lost a beardie for a month and that was not fun. Thought he was dead but it turns out he was in a pile of coats.

My dragons have their own corner of the bed. Gem occasionally sleeps at my side, but her scales and spikes irritate my skin after awhile, so I have to put her in her nest. MoMo sleeps with Henry the stuffed Octopus so she's okay. Neither of them seem to WANT to "take off", I suppose they realize the comfiest place to sleep is on the bed! :lol: In the mornings, I wake up to MoMo in my face with the "feed me" look, and Gem could sleep 'til noon if I let her.

:lol: I don't know about you, but my dragons don't poo in their sleep. They are potty-trained to go in the bath.

DragonKeepers: :laughhard: Dead starfish! CAN'T BREATHE!

Aimee: Oh chortle make fun of the skinny girl. :roll: J/K :lol: Have you seen the pics of leaves I posted yet? I did take them for you, y'know!!!

Jacqui

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Oh grooue, but they are, just like dead soggy starfish. And sticky. Why do children always have sticky hands?!

Whenever the dragons are in bed with us, they usually fall asleep about 10ish, so we carefully sneak them onto a preprepared folded towel and tuck them in. In the morning, I'm always awake before Kyle, so I scoop her up and tuck her back in the duvet. His Lordship deals with Tsam. Poor bloke got a rough deal though, literally - Tsam's much more prickly!

AMHaak

Juvie Member
I don't know if any one posted this already because I have not been keeping up with the thread.

You know your're living with beardies when you find dead scales all over your house.

Harley has been shedding, and I find his scales every where because when he is running around he has to rub on everything to get his scales off.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
TheDragonKeepers":1ded6 said:
(Anyway - small children have creepy, clammy hands, like freshly dead starfish. Sorry to all the parents out there!)
I'm not sure if you are apologizing for your comment or if you feel sorry for those of us that have children. Either way... no need to apologize for something that it is true. Children do have clammy, sticky, nasty little hands. After a while we parents get tired of washing their hands and just let them walk around touching everything and everyone in sight. We actually take great pleasure in them touching childless people and grossing them out :shock: :lol: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob Ren
Top Bottom